BMW 335i vs Mustang 5.0 GT

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
You're clueless! :lol::lol::lol:

One thing I know for sure is that above 160mph, a fullbolt-on 475rwhp BMW M6 won't pull away from stock Ford GT. And guess what, a Ford GT's 4th gear ratio is .94:1. A Ford GT is a top end MONSTER.

1st - 2.61
2nd - 1.71
3rd - 1.23
4th - .94
5th - .77
6th - .63
Final drive - 3.36

Your theory of a 1:1 4th would make a C6 ZR1 weaksauce too right, NOT!

1st -2.29:1
2nd -1.61:1
3rd - 1.21:1
4th - 1:1
5th - 0.81:1
6th -0.67:1
Final Drive 3.42:1

you guys alll forgot the most important factor! WEIGHT!!!

between the Z06 and the M6 there is about an 800lb difference!

NA_Cobra

Established Member
YouTube - Modified 2006 BMW M6 vs Stock 2007 Corvette C6 ZO6 Drag Race

Corvettes are not top end cars, due to there 1:1 in 4th gear.

Hmmm, your S/N looks familiar. If I can recall, you're the 350Z geek that was banned from LS1tech. If that's the case, 350Zs definitely ARE NOT topend monsters. They might have a 1:1 5th with a 3.54 final drive ratio, but at 6900rpms, they top out at 147mph. At that mph, im still in my 1:1 4th on my way to 160mph and still have a .74:1 5th gear ratio in que to add a couple more cars on you.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
Sarcasm man.

If you read all of the posts, you will one guy actually says when it comes down to it, that much weight doesn't even matter because of the gearing of the M6. LOLz....

ahhh....gotcha.......i almost fell back in my chair when i read that and went:

PICARDfp.jpg

i cant beleive someone just said that! :D

25psi

Established Member
Are you smoking crack? Vettes are known for their top end speed....

YouTube - m6board.com presents: BMW M6 vs Chevrolet Corvette Z06

^^^ Stock 2006 M6 vs. Stock 2006 Z06....Z06 clearly has top end advantage over the M6, but hey I drive a mustang so what do I know..

YouTube - m6board.com/gtboard.com:#5 Corvette Z06 vs Kelleners BMW M6

^^^ I'd say equally modded M6 vs. equally modded Z06....Z06 still wins...again vette is the superior ca performance wise.

Want speed and luxury? Get a Cadillac CTS-V Coupe & skulldrag M series Beamers and AMG series Mercs on the daily....and save some money while doing it...Domestics FTW!!!

Vettes are known for 160mph sprints and anything past that, it falls on its face. Ask yourself this, how well are these Vettes doing in the Texas mile despite have the power to make 220mph passes? Why is it that Porsche, Lambo, Supra and Ford Gt's own?

I'm not sure if you know what 1:1 means! It means that their 5th and 6th are overdrives and shifting into 5th it falls on its face(revert back to my vid).

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Vettes are known for 160mph sprints and anything past that, it falls on its face. Ask yourself this, how well are these Vettes doing in the Texas mile despite have the power to make 220mph passes? Why is it that Porsche, Lambo, Supra and Ford Gt's own?

I'm not sure if you know what 1:1 means! It means that their 5th and 6th are overdrives and shifting into 5th it falls on its face(revert back to my vid).

Have you seen the T6060 tranny in the C6ZR1

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member

How many beamers have you seen in the texas mile? There is a reason for this....Also do you know how hard it is to go past the 200mph barrier while maintaining stock exterior and etc. to comply with the texas mile rules. There's a few vettes that have hit thw 200mph mark or more.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WIm71H-iYU&feature=related"]YouTube - TEXAS MILE 210 NO MUSIC[/nomedia]

Also do you still think the M6 is the superior car? Just because it costs more doesn't make it superior ya know. Mod for Mod the Corvette is better than the M6...Stock for stock it's the same. I'm pretty sure stock for stock an LS3 vette would either stay with or walk an M6.....

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member

^^^^^^^^^^

this statement is about as useless as you telling me the Bugatti Veyron is the fastest street legal car on the road..... who cares?

how many roll races take place from 160 to 200mph? who cares if the car falls flat on its face afetr 160? (highly doubt the Z06 does, but ill play your game while we're at it).

Last edited:

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
BTW is this falling on it's face? JW

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAL9S90x4YI"]YouTube - ACEs C6 Z06 200mph run![/nomedia]

^^^ Go To 1:20 mark and watch the speedo. Hits 200mph with a very lightly modded Z06. Quick too....

xenodragon

Established Member
YAY for owning both cars argued about in this thread...and putting the thread back on topic

My 335i is stock but fun as hell, cant wait to mod it.

Now Cobra vs 335 I recently raced my 500hp cobra vs a 335i making 420-430. We did 2 races all to 120

1. Stop - It was an XI so it rapped me out of the hole, I caught back up around 100ish and my back bumper was at his front by the time we slowed.

2. 45mph - Even until I hit 4th, then I started to walk away

Qmax03

Established Member
Just to make it all clear, boostingwild is talking about my 335i( car in video), i ran that 525whp cobra...

The cobra did beat me by 2CL by the end of 4th... 40-140 cobra wins by 2CL.. im pushing a little over 400whp. Expected... 2nd-3rd gear we were pretty even, 4th he started the pull..

The argument of these 335i being expensive to mod is B.S.
JB3 Chip = $500 . With this you can tune your car, datalog, and has pre-set maps for mods you add in the future. A 1 time tune. It comes with FREE uprgrades everytime the company has them Available.
3" Downpipes = $400. They Vary.. you can go with a more expensive company costing over $800 or go with a cheaper company costing $200... Same power gains give or take 2hp..
Full Exhaust = $400.. once again you can get something more expensive or cheaper..
Intake = $ 85 - Proven Best intake on this car is just 2 Basic Filters..BMS sells them, or make your own.. you can also go with something with more bling and pay upward of $200 if you want.
Meth kit from SP = $400- or you can just get a basic kit for $200 from AEM ..

I dont have a FMIC yet, which would yeild me some decent power up top 4th Gear.. these car suffer from Heat Soak, causing Timing pull , lower boost etc.. So it still has some more potential in it. + still on stock little turbos + stock clutch.

Also im running Heavy 18" wheels with Runflat Heavy tires, the car is FULLY LOADED, with navi , sunroof, leather etc.. no mean a light car.

$1800 total in mods..(could be less if you wanted just my preference on diffrent parts) Going from 260WHP stock to over 400+whp a increase of 150whp+ with just basic bolt ons for $1800 is well worth it. You have to remeber this is with STOCK turbos. Still have to do a upgraded FMIC, then Port my Turbos etc... But it can be made into a quick car. And its really not that expensive.

My 335i is in no means a "FAST" car, its quick for what it is... i beat a Tunned C63 AMG, a Modded E60 M5.. ive beaten a few STOCK EATON BLOWER cobras's with bolt on's , also a New GT500 with exhaust etc. Im very happy with the car, ive lost to a STOCk C6 Z06, 2 Ported eaton cobras's , a Modded M6, Single turbo T67 supra etc etc...

So lets stop measuring our cocks, hands down a Upgraded Blower Cobra WILL beat me, and its been proven. A STOCK TURBO 335i + Bolt-on's Vs. A STOCK BLOWER COBRA + Bolt -on's .. would be a Drivers race, but i believe and 335i might be able to edge it out.

But these cars also have many issues, lets not get it twisted. Fuelpumps, injectors, Vanos issues bla bla always going bad. Its a nice little DD for me nothing more.

Oh BTW... STOCK it ran a 13.4 @ 107 MPH down the track...
With just the chip and exhaust, it ran a 12.6 @ 113 MPH

i belive the car should be capable of HIGH 11's @ 116-8 MPH down the track with it current setup.

There are a couple 335i's with the same mods on race gas doing LOW-MID 11's trapping 120+ .. On stock turbos... so maybe if a add racegas anf tune it a bit i should see that.

Last edited:

mikedi5775

Established Member
Get the record straight

That was a local "cobra" that made 425hp to the wheels for the record. He never won a single race lol. The white bmw in question couldnt beat my friends ls2 c6, which at the time was stock with a catback. SO RELAX BMW GUYS

mikedi5775

Established Member
I am still waiting for one of these BMW guys to beat someone, lots of board talk then no action:poke::poke::poke::poke::poke:

mikedi5775

Established Member
And to the original title of the thread, yes a bolt on tuned 335 should beat a stock 5.0, I will agree with the DAS AUTO crowd there.

Mr370z

GO BABY GO
Established Member
I beat a 335i with intake/tune/exhaust from a 40 roll when I just had an axleback. I put about 2 cars on it from 40-130. Those cars are nice, but I doubt they can match a pullied/ported/tuned/exhaust cobra. I'd love to run one and tape it when I'm just full exhaust and stock blower at the end of October ;) for comparison to a 500 or so rwhp 4000lbs car vs. this obvious factory freak Beamer.

Wow man your GT500 is STUNNING. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread