Bob's Auto Sports' - New Oil/Air Separator "Catch Can"

E.Marquez

Established Member
It seems like most are just putting the catch can on one side. If I do, which side is the best, passenger or driver's side. I'm thinking passenger's, but want to make sure I order the right thing.

Passenger side.

Based on others findings and mine own... Little if any oil mist comes out the drivers side... May be different (more) on high boost, over spun, HUGE blower motors,, but on mine, I tested with some cheese cloth to capture and show if oil was coming down that side line,,,and 200 miles of stop and go, plus some spirited on ramp driving.. cloth was not coated in oil, the line down stream was not coated in oil, the throttle body was not saturated in oil from 13,000 miles of previous owner use.

Others MMV... but for me it looks like only the passenger side is needed.

I have 6000 miles on the CC since cleaning the inter cooler and intake, then adding the Bobs catch can.

In the next few weeks I'll tear down again to see what has been making it past the Bob's catch can to the Inter cooler.

Last edited:

jaiasmit

Established Member
Passenger side.

Based on others findings and mine own... Little if any oil mist comes out the drivers side... May be different (more) on high boost, over spun, HUGE blower motors,, but on mine, I tested with some cheese cloth to capture and show if oil was coming down that side line,,,and 200 miles of stop and go, plus some spirited on ramp driving.. cloth was not coated in oil, the line down stream was not coated in oil, the throttle body was not saturated in oil from 13,000 miles of previous owner use.

Others MMV... but for me it looks like only the passenger side is needed.

I have 6000 miles on the cr since cleaning the intercooler and intake, then adding the Bobs catch can.

In the next few weeks I'll tear down again to see what has been making it past the Bob's catch can to the Intercooler.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick reply!

Steve@BAS

Established Member
btw all, We now have heat shrink hose clamps in stock and can be ordered with oil separator kits or alone.

Van@RevanRacing

Thanks Van! It's been a really fun first year at Bob's auto sports, and with your support and giving a chance to "the new guy" in the scene! I wouldn't be this far along with RevanRacing!

You're making a great product and everybody clearly sees it is the leader in separator technology. :beer:

Van@RevanRacing

It seems like most are just putting the catch can on one side. If I do, which side is the best, passenger or driver's side. I'm thinking passenger's, but want to make sure I order the right thing.

Thanks for the order. :beer:

I will tell you that when I removed my OEM Throttle body on my 2013 GT500 at 1,000 Mile to replace it the blades of the throttle had oil residue on them. That was only at 1,000 miles. I'll be adding a driver side separator as well in the near term so I can test it at Daytona.

fcettner

DaShelby
Established Member

I will tell you that when I removed my OEM Throttle body on my 2013 GT500 at 1,000 Mile to replace it the blades of the throttle had oil residue on them. That was only at 1,000 miles. I'll be adding a driver side separator as well in the near term so I can test it at Daytona.

Interested in this as well. Wondering how the driver side separator will mount.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Interested in this as well. Wondering how the driver side separator will mount.

Like this :
Edit : Everytime I look at pictures of Jeff's engine bay I feel lazy, LOL, so clean and perfect! /end edit
DSC03416.jpg

Or
Though I would run the lines under the CAI myself.

Engine1.jpg

Last edited:

mgmustang1

Established Member

When i recently had my car dyno tuned by lund he said what is that, while pointing at my bob's catch can i bought from you. I said what it was and he said the 13's dont need it because there is a baffle built in to the valve cover. maybe you should inform him van.

Van@RevanRacing

When i recently had my car dyno tuned by lund he said what is that, while pointing at my bob's catch can i bought from you. I said what it was and he said the 13's dont need it because there is a baffle built in to the valve cover. maybe you should inform him van.

I emailed him a copy of the picture after seeing the above
Thanks
Van

RLB01

Established Member
Get zero amount on driver's side with a JLT can (have Bob's catch can on passengers side).

jaiasmit

Established Member
Got my passenger side catch can earlier today from Bob's. Just finished the install. Super easy. Thanks for a great product and great service!

Forgot to mention... I ordered from Revan Racing.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Can someone put together a list of part numbers for the AN fittings and braided hoses? I don't want the rubber hose deal.

2013 TVS powered

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Here is a shopping list for the parts in black. If you want red and blue instead, let me know. Also there is a summit house brand of these parts for much cheaper. Here is easy way to find, go to summit, hose/fittings catagory. Use the search within result for "-10" and you will get the fittings you need.

2 x 3/8" NPT to an10 adapters : Earl's Performance AT981611ERL - Earl's Performance AN to NPT Adapter Fittings - Overview - SummitRacing.com

1 x 90* AN 10 fitting (he used the barb style with heat shrink hose clamps) : Earl's Performance AT709110ERL - Earl's Performance Auto-Mate Hose Ends - Overview - SummitRacing.com

1 x 45* AN 10 fitting : Earl's Performance AT704610ERL - Earl's Performance Auto-Mate Hose Ends - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Then get AN10 hose to suit your style, and of course 4x black heat shrink hose clamps.

Bob's currently stocks the heat shrink hose clamps, and will soon be stocking the blue/red style AN 10 fittings/adapters.

Edit : Here is a link to 10' of AN-10 hose, enough to do both a driver side and pass side. Summit Racing SUM-240610B - Summit Racing® Braided Nylon Hose - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Heat shrink hose clamps : Heat Shrink Hose Clamps

They are $25 there, but if you order then with the catch cans they are only $20. I will add that option to the "bare bones" kits on the website now.

Last edited:

E.Marquez

Established Member
Can someone put together a list of part numbers for the AN fittings and braided hoses? I don't want the rubber hose deal.

2013 TVS powered
To get a set up like this.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...sports-new-oil-air-separator-catch-can-6.html
in black, all black or blue and red...
2 each Fitting, Straight, -10 AN Male to 3/8 in. NPT Male, Aluminum, Black, Aeroquip FBM5185
OR
2 Each Fitting, Straight, -10 AN Male to 3/8 in. NPT Male, Aluminum, Blue, Aeroquip FBM2185
And
Fitting, Hose End, AQP Hose, 45 Degree, -10 AN Hose to Female -10 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue Aeroquip FBM4024
OR
Fitting, Hose End, AQP Hose, 45 Degree, -10 AN Hose to Female -10 AN, Aluminum, Black Aeroquip FBM4424
And
Fitting, Hose End, AQP Hose, 90 Degree, -10 AN Hose to Female -10 AN, Aluminum, Red/Blue Aeroquip FBM4034
or
Fitting, Hose End, AQP/StartLite Hose, 90 Degree, -10 AN Hose to Female -10 AN, Aluminum, Black Aeroquip FBM4434
And
Hose, StartLite, Nomex, Black, -10 AN, 3 ft. Length
And
2 each Gates Power Grip PN 32925 Fits Hose (O.D.) 15/16'' to 1-1/16''

That gets you the braidedhose and re usable AN fittings.

Though I chose socketless blue Russel hose and socketless AN fittings for my car (parts list is on http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...sports-new-oil-air-separator-catch-can-5.html) In the end i did not use the screw clamps, but gates powergrip clamps.... so ignore that part of the parts list

I've done 4 of these now, three socketless style, and 1 braided hose.... Really suggest the socketless type hose.

Last edited:

DaFreak

Established Member
Hey All,

I'm late to the party but wanted to post up what Steve/Bob's did for me:

Powder coated my fittings and clamps and threw in a slick new shrink wrap type clamp for the hose ends with no metal clamps.

Sorry for the Twilight blue pics, LOL!

DSC03660.gif

DSC03665.gif

DSC03667.gif

DSC03666.gif

Users who are viewing this thread