Bob's Auto Sports' - New Oil/Air Separator "Catch Can"

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Oh ok cool, I didn't know that.. Yes they did you a water/soap application to apply.. thanks for that. :) Also thanks for the PM it makes a lot more sense now :beer:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
There you go again, pimping!

because-its-hard-out-here-for-a-pimp.jpg

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
as nice as those hose clamps may be, they just plain don't look good at all. have you considered offering heat shrink style hose clamps? i haven't personally used them, but i've heard that they hold better than steel hose clamps on, say, cooling system applications, so they would obviously have no problem with this sort of application. and of course they would look better than metal hose clamps too.
cosmetics aside, that's a badass catch can though! can't wait to see it in black!

lawdude

Established Member
I'd be interested in both driver and passenger side. Van, you shipping free?

NM, just checked your site.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Cheked JLT catch cans

Just changed the oil (5000 miles) and I also checked the JLT oil catchers on both sides...Very disappointed...:fm::cuss:

I didn't take any pictures because it wasn't worth it. I would have shown you guys empty cups!

I don't think that they are working like they are advertised to...the driver's side was bone empty. Didn't even look like any oil had ever been inside - not unexpected based on everybodies observations.

The passenger side I was expecting to get a good bit based on others posts...I got enough to coat the inside of the can but that's about it! Not enough to drain into a medicine cup to measure. But I found oil at the inlet to the supercharger, just touched it with my finger and a drop of oil was on my finger tip!:fm::cuss:Isn't it supposed to prevent this!!!!! WTF..anybody out there help me understand?

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Click here. My post on Ford GT500 forums explains a lot.

[ame="http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/showpost.php?p=153213&postcount=14"]Post[/ame]

6-Speed

Established Member
A few questions ... any quantitative results on the amount of oil collected over miles yet? Also what type of media is used in Bob's catch can? Is the media chamber in the top or bottom of the can? Can the oil collected over-flow into the inlet? Can someone share pictures of the inside of the catch can? Is there a means to mount this catch can towards the front of the engine bay; I think it would beneficial to mount the catch can in a cooler location away from the exhaust manifold.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
A few questions ... any quantitative results on the amount of oil collected over miles yet?

Not yet, still too new. I will be using the medicine cup to track it.

Also what type of media is used in Bob's catch can?

Stainless steel mesh

Is the media chamber in the top or bottom of the can?

Bottom of the can

Can the oil collected over-flow into the inlet?

Would take a longer period of neglect, but I'm sure it's possible.

Can someone share pictures of the inside of the catch can?

I have a prototype picture.

3.jpg

2.jpg

Is there a means to mount this catch can towards the front of the engine bay; I think it would beneficial to mount the catch can in a cooler location away from the exhaust manifold.

The benefits would be nil since the EGR system is pumping in much hotter air into the intake of the supercharger.

Last edited:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Thanks for the help with the questions above Unleashed! I'll get some production photos of them opened up tomorrow once I'm in the office.

6-Speed

Established Member
The benefits would be nil since the EGR system is pumping in much hotter air into the intake of the supercharger.
I wasn't referring to performance benefits, but rather the cooling of the air might help to condense the oil in suspension and perhaps improve the effectiveness of the catch can to extract oil from the PCV air stream.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
just ordered one through Revan last night. hoping to have it by this weekend to install it but im in no rush.

thanks for the great product. let us know if you do the other side as well :beer:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
Hey Steve, thank you for the order! I drop shipped it today via UPS ground, so unfortunately you won't get it until next week (I'm in FL). I will let you know as soon as a drivers side is ready!

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Hey Steve, thank you for the order! I drop shipped it today via UPS ground, so unfortunately you won't get it until next week (I'm in FL). I will let you know as soon as a drivers side is ready!

no problem. not in a rush. please do :beer:

2010KB

sfd
Established Member
I ordered and just received mine in black anodize. I ordered mine w/o fittings as I am going to plumb the system using Aeroquip hose and AN fittings. I will post pics when it is installed. Great piece of equipment. Thanks

Steve@BAS

Established Member
^Thanks for your business!! Post some pics when you get it finished, can't wait to see it customized!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Too simple for most...........& we're dealing with " blow by gasses " !!
Saw a set-up on another site, must have had 3 ft. of hose in it..
10-20-2011airoilseperator001.jpg

NuclearPower

Established Member
I have both drivers and passengers JLT in black for sale if anybody interested. Check in the market section.

kyl

Peanutbutter & Jealous
Established Member
I ordered and just received mine in black anodize. I ordered mine w/o fittings as I am going to plumb the system using Aeroquip hose and AN fittings. I will post pics when it is installed. Great piece of equipment. Thanks

Any weekend progress on this?

Users who are viewing this thread