Bob's Auto Sports' - New Oil/Air Separator "Catch Can"

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Just took a 250 mile round trip. Bob's "Steve's" oil separator accumulated 1/4 tablespoon of oil. I used a medicine cup to measure the amount, and it's about the same volume as the first time I tested it.

Seems the average is about 1/4 tbsp per ~200-250 miles.

Last edited:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
^^ Nice!!

BTW, Soon new colors will be available (should be next week!):

Black high gloss powdercoat
"Polished" power coat
and Carbon fiber!!

dsc7289n.jpg

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
troy do you have the updated photos with the new 45* fitting? I can remember what thread they were in. Im tempted to get one of the hydo cans.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
^^ Nice!!

"Polished" power coat
and Carbon fiber!!

dsc7289n.jpg

Those look amazing!

troy do you have the updated photos with the new 45* fitting? I can remember what thread they were in. Im tempted to get one of the hydo cans.

I just got the fitting in the mail today, and will be installing it tomorrow. Will have an updated picture for you then.

Oh, and a huge thanks goes out to Steve for sending one out to me. :rockon:

His customer service is so good....if Van decided to go into the CNC machine business...we would call him Steve. lol

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Here is the picture I promised. You can see that the 45* fitting allows for a shorter hose while cleaning up the appearance.

b9bffd6b.jpg

c9e30744.jpg

and with the 90* fitting, a much longer hose length is required.

c4f49590.jpg

Last edited:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
His customer service is so good....if Van decided to go into the CNC machine business...we would call him Steve. lol

hahaha, That's why the Revan/Bob's combo works so well. Van and I did some "schemehatchery" on new products yesterday. My machining and his car knowledge = better parts for the industry! :rolling::rolling:

The 45* fittings do look so much better, glad you guys convinced me to do the change.

NuclearPower

Established Member
Mount location

Beast or "Bob" (Steve),

I noticed that the mount hole where you have it only has 1 ground attached to it...my 2012 has 2 ground wires there and the brakcets would be going across the second one...Just curious if this is still going to work. If you look real close at the post by 1 Alibi you can see the "front" ground wire where you dont have one. Am I still going to be okay? would I shift it to the front ground hole? Help the glowing fool out...

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Beast,

I noticed that the mount hole where you have it only has 1 ground attached to it...my 2012 has 2 ground wires there and the brakcets would be going across the second one...Just curious if this is still going to work. If you look real close at the post by 1 Alibi you can see the "front" ground wire where you dont have one. Am I still going to be okay? would I shift it to the front ground hole? Help the glowing fool out...

Yes, just mount it in the front location with the two straps. The supplied bolt is long enough.

Last edited:

IA Shelby

Established Member
Thanks for the pics. Just picked one up via Mr. Van.

Keep up the good work Steve!!

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
^^ Nice!!

"Polished" power coat
and Carbon fiber!!

dsc7289n.jpg
i've never been a big fan of the faux carbon fiber, but those look good!
any plans to powder coat some cans in wrinkle black?

NuclearPower

Established Member
I also just ordered one from Van. Hope it works better than the JLT. I'll post up what I get from Bob's since I accumulate miles faster than Beast.:rockon:

Steve@BAS

Established Member
^^looks awesome! Im currently in Miami for boat show, day job, ill work on shorter bracket next week. Anyone in south fl that comes to boat show, visit me in booth k64. Anyone with questions or concerns can always PM or call me, or send word via Van the man. Thanks all.

acobra03

Established Member
Great jdea going with the 45 degree fitting. Is that what all cans will come with now or is that a special request?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I also just ordered one from Van. Hope it works better than the JLT. I'll post up what I get from Bob's since I accumulate miles faster than Beast.:rockon:

You would be a much better candidate to test it than I am. My car is only driven about 5,000 miles a year.

Great jdea going with the 45 degree fitting. Is that what all cans will come with now or is that a special request?

After looking at fcettner's installation pics, it looks like the 90* can be made to look better than how I used it. I still prefer the 45* fitting though.

Last edited:

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
damn fcettner i didnt know you were hiding that under the hood. How much did you lower the motor to make that strut brace fit?

Users who are viewing this thread