Body Shop

DE07GT

Established Member
A dog ran out in front of me in September and the entire front end was damaged. Took it to a body shop, and had to take it back multiple times after I put it on my lift and saw the horrible work. The radiator support was never repaired correctly so they used a wire tie to keep the hose coming from the overflow from hitting the alternator pulley. When I found a run in the paint, they fixed the run, but destroyed the finish of the entire car, including burning through paint in many places. There were many more problems, but I simply don't feel like listing every single little thing I found. They tried to BS me and basically started yelling at me saying the car was better than it was before the accident. The insurance company doesn't care that the car wasn't repaired correctly, so now I'll have to fix it by spending thousands of my own money.

I'm looking for a body shop shop somewhere in Delaware or Maryland that does good work and I can trust. I'd prefer somewhere on the peninsula, since I don't have the time to travel any farther. I don't want to go through everything I've just gone through for a second time.

DE07GT

Established Member
Thanks for the input. They are both pretty far for me, but I don't think I'll be able to find a good shop anywhere close to me anyway. Trying to find a new differential housing so I can build another rear and I'm getting it re-tuned before I take it to a body shop so it'll be awhile before I need one.

1slohawk

Established Member
I had rhodes in middletown DE paint the front of my 93. They do great work and I trust leaving my car there since it's normally one of the slowest cars there lol.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
I do highly recommend Eric at Burnt Mills as the work he did on my car attests, but it is quite a haul for you.
There must be good body shops in Delaware, even if it is small. :poke:

DE07GT

Established Member
I had rhodes in middletown DE paint the front of my 93. They do great work and I trust leaving my car there since it's normally one of the slowest cars there lol.

I was actually thinking of going to Rhodes since I might end up getting them to put a cage in my Duster eventually anyway.

I do highly recommend Eric at Burnt Mills as the work he did on my car attests, but it is quite a haul for you.
There must be good body shops in Delaware, even if it is small. :poke:

About the only body shops around here are dealerships and there only a few other small shops. It shows how low these people are when you tell them you have a lift at home and will find anything they don't fix, yet they repeatedly lie to your face about the repairs.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
About the only body shops around here are dealerships and there only a few other small shops. It shows how low these people are when you tell them you have a lift at home and will find anything they don't fix, yet they repeatedly lie to your face about the repairs.

They do that because they can get away with it most of the time. That's what makes finding an honorable place so praiseworthy.

DevilDog81

Can't fix stupid!!!
Established Member
I just got a 01 Cobra Convertible and I need a good HONEST mechanic to work on my (engine) car. It has to be in MD specially MoCo, PG or Frederick. Thanks

ruarkkustomz

F8LBITE
Established Member
There's an awesome shop in willards md on the eastern shore. They repainted my dsg cobra it came out amazing

Users who are viewing this thread