Bolt on 2v dyno sheet

blueovalfan

Established Member
Recently picked up a 2000 GT that had been sitting for six years. Car has 62,2xx on the clock and was bone stock! I've been nursing this car back to health the last couple of months with new fluids, belt, plugs, alternator, front/rear calipers, spec clutch so this project has been a lot of replacement parts. Another cool thing about is it that it has my 12yo son interested in something other than youtube.

Mods for the car are MAC long tubes, prochamber, pypes cat back, SVE upper plenum, K&N drop in with the silencer removed. Shop said the car needs a tune and that is the reason why it's seemingly falling on its face in the upper RPMs.

Attachments

• 2000 Mustang GT dyno-Full exhaust, K&N drop in, SVE plenum.pdf
    198.7 KB · Views: 197
  • 2000 Mustang GT.JPG
    2000 Mustang GT.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 173

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Lord do I not miss the seat of the pants feel of my ‘99. Fun as hell to thrash on, but just no grunt.

I sold it to our previous neighbors son and he loves it.

blueovalfan

Established Member
Yeah.....When I picked it up I remember thinking my 2.7 ecoboost F150 would give it a run for it's money.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Yeah.....When I picked it up I remember thinking my 2.7 ecoboost F150 would give it a run for it's money.
Awesome project for you and your son!

I have a 2.7 f150 and my first mustang was an 03 gt and I thought same thing when I first got truck. Crazy how technology changes cars so fast.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

blueovalfan

Established Member
No kidding, not sure how I've managed to not mod the truck yet. It's a great little motor

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Good deal that it has your son interested! Great times and memories are to be made in the near future! Good looking car too, low miles = nice!

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
Nice car. Being a 2000, it should be a windsor engine, which if you get into the motor could have some small changes to pay attention to.

My 2v mad 236 stock on 87, with a catback/midpipe it made 252 on 87. So with your mods, that tune must be the issue. The good thing is, if you really wanna mod it, it's mustang and there are tons of parts. I saw a guy on here use the higher compression trick flow heads and bullit intake, made 350 to the tire N/A. Don't think you have to keep it a slouch forever!

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Luv the 2v.
When o get spare time and money I’ll have one again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blueovalfan

Established Member
Nice car. Being a 2000, it should be a windsor engine, which if you get into the motor could have some small changes to pay attention to.

My 2v mad 236 stock on 87, with a catback/midpipe it made 252 on 87. So with your mods, that tune must be the issue. The good thing is, if you really wanna mod it, it's mustang and there are tons of parts. I saw a guy on here use the higher compression trick flow heads and bullit intake, made 350 to the tire N/A. Don't think you have to keep it a slouch forever!
I've seen a couple 2v's on YouTube running that combo and in the 330-350 range which is awesome for an N/A 2v. I would love to eventually go the route of a Kenne Bell blower.

As far as the differences go I think the crank/flywheel is 8 bolt on the Windsor and one of the valve covers is an 11 bolt, can't remember which one it is though.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
I've seen a couple 2v's on YouTube running that combo and in the 330-350 range which is awesome for an N/A 2v. I would love to eventually go the route of a Kenne Bell blower.

As far as the differences go I think the crank/flywheel is 8 bolt on the Windsor and one of the valve covers is an 11 bolt, can't remember which one it is though.

Nooooooooo. Not a KB.

The 2.1 kit is a engine murderer.
Makes #2( not sure here but it is the second from front of motor on ds) go lean due to the bypass dump landing right on top of it.

I think the 2.6 eliminates that problem but can’t recall

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Nooooooooo. Not a KB.

The 2.1 kit is a engine murderer.
Makes #2( not sure here but it is the second from front of motor on ds) go lean due to the bypass dump landing right on top of it.

I think the 2.6 eliminates that problem but can’t recall

That would be #5 on the drivers side 2nd from the front.

Users who are viewing this thread