Bolt-on C6Z06 breaks into the 9's.

Robz

Established Member
My buddy's c6Z managed a nine second pass recently. Alot of hard work and determination was necessary to get the job done. It's amazing how fast these car can go with great driving.

I don't have a complete list of mods but here's what I know:

American Racing Headers
Fast manifold
Vette air/Halltech intake
4.10 gears (RPM built)
Slick and drag radial with skinnies
RPS Clutch

Best et/mph 9.97 and 138.9mph

There's more in it but I think we may regroup over the winter and come up with a new goal.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Impressive, but honestly don't see it. No cam, no nitrous, and 9's with just exhaust and intake. Major weight reduction? Rolling start? You can show me a vid and even a time slip but truly what does that prove? What RWHP does a basic bolt-on Z06 put down 475-500? Just doesn't add up to a 9 second slip at 138, unless there is something not being stated.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
U forgot to add the 100 shot to the mod list...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Say wutttt? Built motor? Forced induction? Hah.

A built motor will not make it faster, but would allow for more power adder, ie: nitrous, FI.

But this is a stock long block with headers, intake, tune, gears. Just not seeing it. 500rwhp + 3200lb+ driver, with driver does not equal 138 trap speeds. Just defies phyics of power to weight. There is something not being said.

venumb

Local chump
Established Member
Say wutttt? Built motor? Forced induction? Hah.

A built motor will not make it faster, but would allow for more power adder, ie: nitrous, FI.

But this is a stock long block with headers, intake, tune, gears. Just not seeing it. 500rwhp + 3200lb+ driver, with driver does not equal 138 trap speeds. Just defies phyics of power to weight. There is something not being said.

I wasn't saying just because it may have a built motor it would run faster, come on now I'm not completely retarded.
:poke:
As someone else said though, it may have higher compression or like I said it may have a power adder that for some reason we are not being told about.
I'm on your team, I don't think a C6Z with those bolt ons would get into the 9's but who am I to say?
I think there is something being left out of the setup though, weight reduction, nitrous, like you said 500 rwhp +3200lbs does not =9's

stangbanger856

Established Member
If this was at atco yesterday (12-3-11) and was a black vett on the last run of the day I saw it happen. I just so happen to be near the tower returning my rented helmet. OP we.may have a mutual friend because when I got back to my car my good friend who knows the driver in question said his buddy just got his 1st 9 sec pass. And he also said its bolt on only. And the track was preped great and air was awesome allmost allday. I.actually ran my best time yesterday as well.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Also the D.A. was -1700ft yesterday with temps in the low to mid 40s at the time of the run.

Ok? We'll use your vehicle as an example. You show 445rhwp but trap 118. Based on an average your car with you in it, is probably 3600-3700lbs. The Z06 in question makes 60-70 more RWHP, but traps 20 more mph? I'm not so concerned with ET, but 138 traps with 500rhwp on a exhaust/intake only Z06 seems far fetched. It almost wen 139, 138.9. That is a big mph. To only make 500-525rwhp and trap 138-139, the race weight would need to be less than 3000lbs with driver, regardless of conditions, down hill, etc.....unless this car has significant weight reduction or is not declaring all mods/power adders it doesn't add up.

Users who are viewing this thread