Bolt on Mach outran a GT500

zacmustang03

Established Member
Yeah I have heard its a pain to do the swap..and lots of money on top of it. Keeping the sra is a GREAT idea, no wheel hop, better traction and not to mention rebuilding an independent rear is big bucks.. I like the color combo you went with..you should def be at 500 if not a little over with that set up, you definitely spared no expense on the build! What's the name of the shop you are getting it tuned at? Your in for a fun ride, love the way my ported blower sounded!

Ya it can be i used the gt wiring and had to change a few things to make it work.. Then the tuning is difficult my first start up tune was decent but i had a few idle issues. Ya sra is better for a guy like me im not a road course guy i drag and thats about it, no fast corners for me. My car is quite light so i am looking forward to seeing how well it does down the strip. Our Track is around 2000 ASL so if i run a mid 11 ill be happy.. When i was putting the car together i read alot of stuff on what was breaking on cobra guys etc and tried to buy the good parts ahead of time. I also tried to set the car up so jumping to a whipple or kenne bell was just drop on the blower and go. Mike from MRL performance out of wainwright is doing my tuning he has done alot of swaps and works mostly on mustangs i feel comfortable with him around my car. This is my first time working with fuel injection and i am very excited to hear and see how this car runs. Ive heard alot of guys talk about the ported eaton sound and never had a chance to hear one in person so it will be a treat. I wanted to keep the car a gt no cobra clone here just a wolf in sheeps clothing. When i have the car back and the weather is a bit better ill take some real shots and post them.. looking forward to my first kill ..:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread