Bone stock 03 Cobra vs 2011 GT

viper1

Established Member
I was in a hurry running late for work when I happened upon a black 5.0 that still had paper plates. I didn't have time to mess around but I was really curious what they could do against a bone stock 03/04 Cobra. That's right, I said "bone stock cobra". I know those words are rarely put together in a sentence. It's stock down to the paper filter.
I passed him slowly going about 70 and see him with his buddy, both with these little smirks on their faces. They were young guys, late teens maybe. I don't know if the smirks were "Oh look I'm about to dust this guy" or just "Alright a race!" smirks. I wasn't going to instigate anything because I was almost to work and late to boot. He ended up blipping the throttle on me so I returned the gesture. When I did he nailed it and I followed suit. He hung for a second at first, but it got ugly after that. Especially when I hit 4th gear. I took it up to about 140 and he was way, way back there. I ran it up quite a bit to give him a chance to catch me but it wasn't happening.
It was a very nice car no doubt, and very strong. I was contemplating trading in the cobra on one but I'm real happy with it, and I haven't even pullied it yet. I also like the fact that it isn't one of those cars you see everywhere, like I'm sure the 5.0 will be. Anyway, it's not much of a race but I thought I'd share.

**Disclaimer** This all happened in fairytale land. ;-)

03snakeminated

Established Member
At first i was gonna say "not so fair with him having a passenger", but then by the way you said you beat him it wouldn't had mattered, good kill o.p

Last edited:

viper1

Established Member
At first i was gonna say "not so fair with him having a passenger", but then by the way you said you beat him it wouldn't had mattered, good kill o.p

Thanks. These guys weren't big guys either. I'm 6'2" 200 lbs and these guys were both pretty skinny from what I could tell. I did expect it to be a lot closer though.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Great to hear you gave him the smack down, the 5slow boys need to learn to respect their superiors!

LS2GTO

Established Member
Prolly the guy did not know how to drive that thing too well, I mean heck it's a 112-113 trapping car (similar to yours), so with you pulling him that hard meant he could not drive for shit.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I was in a hurry running late for work when I happened upon a black 5.0 that still had paper plates. I didn't have time to mess around but I was really curious what they could do against a bone stock 03/04 Cobra. That's right, I said "bone stock cobra". I know those words are rarely put together in a sentence. It's stock down to the paper filter.
I passed him slowly going about 70 and see him with his buddy, both with these little smirks on their faces. They were young guys, late teens maybe. I don't know if the smirks were "Oh look I'm about to dust this guy" or just "Alright a race!" smirks. I wasn't going to instigate anything because I was almost to work and late to boot. He ended up blipping the throttle on me so I returned the gesture. When I did he nailed it and I followed suit. He hung for a second at first, but it got ugly after that. Especially when I hit 4th gear. I took it up to about 140 and he was way, way back there. I ran it up quite a bit to give him a chance to catch me but it wasn't happening.
It was a very nice car no doubt, and very strong. I was contemplating trading in the cobra on one but I'm real happy with it, and I haven't even pullied it yet. I also like the fact that it isn't one of those cars you see everywhere, like I'm sure the 5.0 will be. Anyway, it's not much of a race but I thought I'd share.

**Disclaimer** This all happened in fairytale land. ;-)

You sure it wasn't a V6 or a 2010 GT

assasinator

1 N the head,2 N da chest
Established Member
good kill man. those stock cobras are way faster than other cars with the same power.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Prolly the guy did not know how to drive that thing too well, I mean heck it's a 112-113 trapping car (similar to yours), so with you pulling him that hard meant he could not drive for shit.

Lol, let the excuses for the 5.low begin....:lol1:

F8l Vnm

Established Member
I call BS flag...no way you pulled a Stock 5.0 that hard with your stock cobra...Just dosent make sense to me..Prolly a 2010 Gt ...Good kill anywAy :beer::banana:

redfire03 svt

Established Member
Terminators are just that, killing machines. I could see it happening easily as the terminator has a fatter torque band and the 5.0 had two passengers.

Users who are viewing this thread