Bone stock 2002 L runs at e-town for me...

Gambinotdx

Established Member
well fellas it was my first time ever doing the 1/4 mile in my truck. it was about 35-40 degrees out and cloudy with some snow (sheesh) just to set the conditions. here are the results of my best run (which was my first run ever)...now this was bone stock with nothing taken out. i weighed in at 4867 lbs.

R/T - 1.405 ( i know i know...it was my first time ever!!!!)
60' - 2.064
330 - 5.699
1/8 - 8.670
mph - 82.40
1000 - 11.256
1/4 - 13.446
mph - 102.73

my slowest time was 13.617 @ 102.06 mph

ok so how do these sound? i was pretty happy!! :thumbsup:

also let me know where i need to improve...other than R/T..i had that down to .9xx by the time the night was over. ok so give me some pointers to get better times!!!!!!!! thanks!!! :burnout:

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
To get better ets----remove the hitch, spare, jack, and tail gate. Btw, I drive daily with those items 'off' except for the t/g. Weight holds you back. You could disconnect or remove the front anti-swaybar.

On F1s' avoid the water box and just do a very brief 'clean-off' burnout. Stage and launch at 900 or so rpms. Roll into the throttle and feel if the tires are hooking and then go to WOT.

Dan

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
Thats very good for first stock runs. Beginners luck. Besides your 60ft time is better then my best one. I suck at launching.

We gotta get you to go to an Auto-X event now.

slick0478

Established Member
good time

I am glad to see your stock time is a mid 13 that is what I am shooting for. I am going to E-Town this friday maybe I'll see you there. I hope I run a good(stock) time also I havent raced in a few yrs need to get back up to speed.

Slick

Gambinotdx

Established Member
good luck man...next time i'll have to try it with O/D off. i'm a little pissed i didn't try that last time. i didn't know what the top speed for 3rd was...now i know...DOH!!!!!!!! oh well...i'm a beginner. i'm not sure if i'll be at e-town this weekend. i'll have to see. good luck slick..later

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
3rd gear tops at 119mph I think, so it shouldn't really be problem. Alot of guys turn O/D off, some don't bother. For me I've noticed it never made a difference.

Rampage

Established Member
Boy, here in central Florida, it's around 75 deg. at night and you can lose up to a second due to higher temps and high humidity.

Users who are viewing this thread