Bone stock GT350 1/4 mile results

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
hey folks, I took my 17 GT350 to the strip on Saturday, made 7 consecutive passes at 118mph, everything stock including the tires. She was really consistent, but the launch was extremely difficult, she either wheel hopped or spun. I was pretty happy with a 12.1 though, but think she has 11's in her with better conditions/temps, DA was 1500'ish.

292xrw1.jpg

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Once your 60' drops you'll be all set.

I'll need different wheels/tires to drop the 60's, she was either spinning, wheel hopping, or bogging, stock Michelins weren't very forgiving. 60ft is everything though, Weld might be coming out with a set of wheels for the 350, will find out later this week.

Whippled3v

Established Member
Very solid mph, were you able to cross the traps in 3rd or did you have to hit 4th?

I managed to make one and only pass at a SCT event and went 12.7@110, it was my first pass so I tried to stretch 3rd across the traps and touched the limiter so mph was hurt and DA wasn't the best either.

I have cat deletes and an e85 tune on the way and want to make it back soon to go for 11's on stock tires. I'm sure I'll be able to cross in 3rd with the rev limiter raised.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
No, I was shifting into 4th before the 1320 mark, would have been nice to hold 3rd. You have to shift at 8k or it will bounce off the rev limiter. It took my 3 passes to get her figured out, then I made 7 consecutive 118mph passes. The 60ft is tough with these cars, she either spun, bogged, or wheel hopped. I have a bunch of BMR parts on the way, should solve the wheel hop, and will find out on Friday if/when Weld is making a drag setup for the 350.

I just plugged the trans gearing, tire height, rpm, and rear gearing into a calculator, 3rd gear tops out at 110mph at 8100 rpms, 4th goes to 143.

Last edited:

Whippled3v

Established Member
No, I was shifting into 4th before the 1320 mark, would have been nice to hold 3rd. You have to shift at 8k or it will bounce off the rev limiter. It took my 3 passes to get her figured out, then I made 7 consecutive 118mph passes. The 60ft is tough with these cars, she either spun, bogged, or wheel hopped. I have a bunch of BMR parts on the way, should solve the wheel hop, and will find out on Friday if/when Weld is making a drag setup for the 350.

I just plugged the trans gearing, tire height, rpm, and rear gearing into a calculator, 3rd gear tops out at 110mph at 8100 rpms, 4th goes to 143.

I'm friends with a guy on facebook that is selling a beadlocked 17" weld RTS setup with 20x8 fronts that is on his procharged GT350 if you are interested. He posted it on the TurboBullet.com-PARTS facebook group earlier today

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Weld is supposed to announce this Friday if/when they are making a specific set of wheels for the GT350, really hoping for 18x5 fronts and 17x10 rears, ideal setup for the strip.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Thanks!

I ordered a full AR exhaust today, longtubes, hi flow xpipe, and catback, as well as a new X4 programmer. I'm going to do a baseline dyno pull, install the exhaust, then Ken Bjonnes will be working his magic. I'll be headed right back to the strip to see the gains, expecting 40+whp/tq, and 3-4mph. I might also be ordering a new set of Welds tomorrow, waiting to hear their verdict on if they will make wheels for the 350.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
picking up almost 30 on the backhalf, that's impressive N/A.
I used to trap 114 in my NOS 89GT and ran 11.90's so you have plenty of top end speed for 11.70's...

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
^thanks, yeah I just gotta get that 60 down. I'm waiting to hear back from Weld on a set of wheels for the strip, will make it much easier to launch and drop those et's. I'll keep you guys posted.

TTUhouston

Mechanical Engineer
Established Member
I agree that is a really nice MPH. They are making good power thats for sure! Sounds like a manual or is it an auto?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Thanks, I was happy to see 118mph! Cant wait to see what kind of MPH with a full exhaust, set of Welds, and some cool weather. All GT350's are manual, I was shifting at 8k, redline is 8250.

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Stock dyno pulls from today, good to compare to the stock mph. Full exhaust and tune in a few days, then more time slips.

jq2qom.jpg

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
Full American Racing exhaust (longtubes, catted xpipe, catback) installed yesterday, hoping to be on the dyno tomorrow for tuning. I’ll let you guys know how she does!

Users who are viewing this thread