Boost gauge and shift light mounting

ProSport

Established Member
Hi guys I have a 2002 Kenne Bell(2.1) GT with a 2003 Cobra body kit and interior, hope to have a real Terminator soon but I REALLY love this car and it has been a blast to drive.
This car won't be raced, just like to play with it on the street but I would like to hear your opinions on which shift light and mount to buy, and which boost gauge and mount to buy.
I'd like to buy from Summit Racing since I live right by them, and I'd like to buy parts that have a pretty easy install.
I found this website.......Universal RAPTOR Red LED Shift Light that has a stand alone shift light that comes with a couple brackets, don't really want to spend that much but it looks like a nice piece.
They also have a nice gauge pod for the steering column. Summit has a single gauge pillar mount.
There's also alot of boost gauges to choose from, the Phantom series would match the white gauges in my dash, and I'm guessing it would be best to buy a gauge with a vacuum reading also?

Thanks in advance for any info on this!

TRBO VNM

LOL. Speedhut gauges and autometer steering column pod. If you want 2 gauges, then the Speed of Sound pillar pod.

where you live should not govern what or where you buy. You buy what you like and what will make you happy and doing it right the first time, whichever that is for you.

ProSport

Established Member
I can get a nice discount at Summit, should have mentioned that.

I'll get the Autometer column pod and pick out a gauge, and I'll check out the gauges you mentioned.

As far as the shift light, I've worked on my 9 second pump gas Dodge Darts for years but I'm not good with wiring and these newer cars are a different ball game. Would it be best to buy that stand alone Raptor shift light or would all the shift lights out there be fairly easy to install?

I don't have time for wrenching and racing anymore, that's why I started searching for info on these Terminators :)

TRBO VNM

The raptor is an easy install and there are how-to's for mustangs. the standard raptor is 3 wires. power, ground and signal. if you search google you will find detailed instructions with pics to make it very easy. I think they are even on raptors site. speedhut makes a similar shift light as well, but I think it is similar to the more expensive raptor shift light

ProSport

Established Member
Ok thanks I'll do some more searching and learning!

I asked about this car here awhile back, a couple of you suggested I avoid it since it has the 2 valve motor but I went to test drive it and fell in love with it. It's as clean as a 2012 Mustang and runs and drives amazing. It is intercooled, tuned by Kenne Bell, boost-a-pump, suspension goodies, SLP exhaust, 6 speed Viper spec tranny, Torsen2 diff, 18" wheels with Cobra brakes, aluminum driveshaft, aftermarket axles, full Cobra leather interior like brand new, really a fun family cruiser. He traded me even for my old 64 Dodge.

IMAG0332.jpg

SBTerminator

Established Member
I have the Raptor light in mine. Below is a picture of the mounting. Looks pretty clean, and I have had people that don't know any better think its an OEM piece there..

6312cc8e-94d1-cd47.jpg

6312cc8e-94f4-2409.jpg

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
LOL. Speedhut gauges and autometer steering column pod. If you want 2 gauges, then the Speed of Sound pillar pod.

where you live should not govern what or where you buy. You buy what you like and what will make you happy and doing it right the first time, whichever that is for you.

This ^

podauto048.jpg

TRBO VNM

Prosport, that is a speedhut gauge. fully customizable and can be changed at a later date as well if you change vehicles. they have a lot of logos to choose from or will do custom logos if you want. I have had a lot of success with the speedhut gauges compared to the autometer. I won't even sell the autometer anymore. Speedhut are made to order.

ProSport

Established Member
Great pics guys! I want the racey look so I dont want to hide it in the AC vent but that is a good idea to keep in mind.

ProSport

Established Member
With the Autometer steering column pod, where are the wires ran? Are they just run along the bottom of the steering column?

Users who are viewing this thread