Boost+Ported Boss manifold gains

GBCoyote

Established Member
Looking for real world experiences with porting a boss manifold while boosted. Preferably someone who had the entire setup prior to porting. I figured I've reached the step where if I can grab a few extra HP why not, because I'm maxed out on the stock bottem end. What are the gains with porting this manifold on boost?

GBCoyote

Established Member
That's my guess also. But the hassle of ripping it all off and shipping it and paying for the entire process for 5hp would not be logical for me personally.

GBCoyote

Established Member
I think I negated the whole "losing down low torque" a while ago. That's the least of my worries. Any power gained in my mid range and upper power band will give me an advantage.

kcobra

MUSTANG MANIAC
Established Member
I was considering doing this over the winter maybe. I would like to port the manifold and get one of those insulation kits for under the manifold too.

GBCoyote

Established Member
Not just yet. I'm going to be doing several things over winter. This is on my list. I got ahold of a dyno to do the testing for me for before/after.

truckstuff55

Established Member
Just got done with my tune this morning with Shaun. No back to back but some easy free hp. I just cleaned the ports slightly with a sanding disc and then buffing wheel. It doesn't take much. Left the fingers at the front and I have the heatshield on the bottom of mine as well. Hoping to see if it keep intake temps on the cooler side. No need for a larger TB either. Unless you're shooting for quad digits not going to see enough difference to make it worth while IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread