Boost reading during dyno

XP900

Established Member
When tuning on a dyno (like a 2010 GT500 for example), where does the tuner normally pull his boost readings from - the OBD2 or somewhere else?? I am referring to the boost readings that are normally supplied with HP and Torque readings on their dyno printouts.

HKusp

Established Member
When I did mine, if I recall correctly, they used a mechanical boost signal off the side of the supercharger.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
When tuning on a dyno (like a 2010 GT500 for example), where does the tuner normally pull his boost readings from - the OBD2 or somewhere else?? I am referring to the boost readings that are normally supplied with HP and Torque readings on their dyno printouts.
On a GT500, boost is not available via the obdii and if it was it would be incorrect as it is inferred. A mathematical value based on load (maf).

To get real boost, T off the boost like going to the fuel rail pressure sensor on the pax rail

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

buddha93

Established Member
On a GT500, boost is not available via the obdii and if it was it would be incorrect as it is inferred. A mathematical value based on load (maf).

To get real boost, T off the boost like going to the fuel rail pressure sensor on the pax rail

I was inferring the MAP sensor indirectly, but this is read by the EEC even though it uses the MAF load tables, right? Or am I in left field on this?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I think there is a MAP sensor, but I don't know the location for it. If it's internal to the fuel sensor sensor, it might record boost, but the real purpose of MAP sensor readings is to compensate for barometric pressure and not boost. As such output may not be that accurate. But we know the boost gauge on the dash is exactly as BJ described. Why would Ford do that if the MAP was accurate?

buddha93

Established Member
Agreed, not for tuning purposes, but mainly informational. I'm no SME on these cars by any stretch, I'm only working off of what I know and the factory boost gauge has to be referencing something and plenty of dyno pulls showing how much boost was made without hooking anything up special.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Agreed, not for tuning purposes, but mainly informational. I'm no SME on these cars by any stretch, I'm only working off of what I know and the factory boost gauge has to be referencing something and plenty of dyno pulls showing how much boost was made without hooking anything up special.
It's inferred from load.

Users who are viewing this thread