Borla Ataks or Corsa Extremes?

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Trying to decide what to do I like loud so louder the better but quality to. Setup will be

Kooks LTs
O/R H
L&M cams

Already have basically a strait muffler so neither will be louder. I haven’t been able to get a good clip of one and internet never does justice.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

PM-Performance

Established Member
My suggestion is to throw some resonators on if you do not like rasp. I had a free flowing setup just with stock mufflers. I put Corsa Sports on and it was just dumb with rasp. I added some 18" Vibrant resonators and sounds fantastic now! Nice and clean sound, but still ear piercingly loud at WOT.

I have videos of my muffler swaps on my Youtube channel that I feel are pretty detailed that may help.
My tests were with full FFE with Stock 07-09 Mufflers, then with Borla Tourings, then with Corsa Sports, then with Vibrant Resonators added last.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh no I don’t care about that. I want the loud. Just seeing which people think sound better the Ataks or Extremes I’m torn between both

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

PM-Performance

Established Member
Well if your only concern is loud and don't care about quality of sound, Corsa Xtreme will meet your goals then. Its pretty much the loudest thing on earth. Ask all the Coyote guys.

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh really yea but I thought they have a good sound to them as well. I also thought that the ataks were actually louder

GT500_012308

Established Member
Premium Member
I’m not in that age bracket just like sound lol. Your vid didn’t work.

I already have that setup and am running flowmaster outlaws so can’t really get any louder I don’t think if I’m already basically at a strait pipe.

To each their own on sound though

GDDYUP

Established Member
I have the Extremes on my otherwise stock exhaust 13. Great sound at idle and cruise but they get rowdy once you're into it. They would be plenty loud with LTs and an off road. I've heard the ATAKs on a friends 14 and I do prefer the sound of the Extremes to those. They're roughly the same as far as how loud they are with stock everything else.

fearthesnake

Established Member
My suggestion is to throw some resonators on if you do not like rasp. I had a free flowing setup just with stock mufflers. I put Corsa Sports on and it was just dumb with rasp. I added some 18" Vibrant resonators and sounds fantastic now! Nice and clean sound, but still ear piercingly loud at WOT.

I have videos of my muffler swaps on my Youtube channel that I feel are pretty detailed that may help.
My tests were with full FFE with Stock 07-09 Mufflers, then with Borla Tourings, then with Corsa Sports, then with Vibrant Resonators added last.
Curious about the Resonators.

I have Corsa Sports with Off Road X pipe. But I bought LTHs with a Catted H Pipe(great deal).

I dont want the cats, so if I cut those off, will the Resonators fit in the place of the cats, same length?

It's an ARH LTH/Midpipe btw.

PM-Performance

Established Member
Curious about the Resonators.

I have Corsa Sports with Off Road X pipe. But I bought LTHs with a Catted H Pipe(great deal).

I dont want the cats, so if I cut those off, will the Resonators fit in the place of the cats, same length?

It's an ARH LTH/Midpipe btw.
I dont know how long the cats are on those. They make a plethora of diff sizes. Why not just use the OR pipe and sell the catted one and save the money and cutting up of a nice pipe you can get $$$ for?

fearthesnake

Established Member
I dont know how long the cats are on those. They make a plethora of diff sizes. Why not just use the OR pipe and sell the catted one and save the money and cutting up of a nice pipe you can get $$$ for?
The current off road pipe is connected to the stock manifold.

I may just use the Catted H pipe and install the LTHs. If I do, is there much HP loss using the high Flo Cats over using a Off Road pipe?

Users who are viewing this thread