Borla Exhaust

SVT Tyler

Established Member
Hey guys just wondering do they sell the borla xr1 catback anymore or anyone know where to get them? i also hear stingers are the same thing but they wont fit a 96 cobra unless you weld the hangers right. thanks!

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I run the stingers, or xr1 or type "s" or whatever you want to call them. I just bought the mufflers and had Midas weld them in. I've never seen an actual borla catback for sale for our cars.

98$vt

i love white girls
Established Member
cant you order a borla catback for a mach 1 or something ive heard that a few times

1hot281

Established Member
Borla #14445 fits SN95 Mustangs. It however, does not utilize S Type mufflers

Borla S Type (Stinger) mufflers are not the same as any version of the XR-1 mufflers, of which there are many.

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Borla XR1 Catback is gone. Go to Jegs.com. Get Borla XR1 part #40941 and have a performance shop fab up mandrel bent pipes. My XR1 sounds wicked

dutch

LOL Europe
Established Member
You can use 99 catbacks, it´ll sit right without using the rear most hangers too. At least my IRS catback does.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Borla #14445 fits SN95 Mustangs. It however, does not utilize S Type mufflers

Borla S Type (Stinger) mufflers are not the same as any version of the XR-1 mufflers, of which there are many.

Well mine must be stingers then because they are perfectly round, unlike the ones handsomerob linked to at jegs. And with an offroad xpipe, atleast bbk, they sound like shit and extremely loud.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
MAGNAPACKS!!!!!!!

Best money I've spent, such a deep growl yet sounds musical and brings out that 32V sound like no other I've heard. Not even exaggerating! Maybe i can make a quick vid later today, not promising anything though.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member

HandsomeRob

Established Member
My Borla XR1's sound damn good. But I will admit. When my motor is built and I get my long tubes I will be installing an H-pipe. I think H-pipes have a better sound. More throaty and deep. X-Pipes are high pitch but give you more power.
This clip of XR1's with Longtubes sound badass. This clip is what sold me on them.
2001 Cobra with Kooks and Borla XR1's - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread