Boss 302 12 to 13 HID headlight conversion is complete

scott_0

Established Member
Yes or wasn't inserted in the harness all the way. Was out in the package.

you should be able to see what slot it goes in on the opposite harness, if not I can look at my car and let you know.......

is this a projectoretrofits.com harness? if so, mine was kinda shitty quality as well, I had to fix a few connections on mine, kinda unacceptable for what he charges

Last edited:

OMG_5.0

Established Member
you should be able to see what slot it goes in on the opposite harness, if not I can look at my car and let you know.......

is this a projectoretrofits.com harness? if so, mine was kinda shitty quality as well, I had to fix a few connections on mine, kinda unacceptable for what he charges

I just tried hooking it up just like the drivers side and no LEDs. Wire going in has power. Tried hooking passenger side light to driver side and LEDs work. I'm kinda at a loss because everything works except the LEDs on passenger side. If you could look at yours I'd be extremely great full! I tried emailing and pm him multiple times and get nothing. I'm getting to the frustrated point and need a beer:beer:

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
I just tried hooking it up just like the drivers side and no LEDs. Wire going in has power. Tried hooking passenger side light to driver side and LEDs work. I'm kinda at a loss because everything works except the LEDs on passenger side. If you could look at yours I'd be extremely great full! I tried emailing and pm him multiple times and get nothing. I'm getting to the frustrated point and need a beer:beer:

Sounds like you have a bad set of led bars then, stick a paper clip into the #5 pin of the harness and see if you have power to the pin with a volt meter. If so you might have bad LEDs, where did you purchase them?

Scott, I'd love to know what's "shifty" on my harness??? I've had very little issues with these and love to know what can be improved.

OMG_5.0

Established Member
Sounds like you have a bad set of led bars then, stick a paper clip into the #5 pin of the harness and see if you have power to the pin with a volt meter. If so you might have bad LEDs, where did you purchase them?

Scott, I'd love to know what's "shifty" on my harness??? I've had very little issues with these and love to know what can be improved.

Was not bad LED strips. The pin in the harness that powers the LED's was broken when I opened the package. Had to take the harness apart and solder the pin back together. I would suggest improving the connections on the turn signal harnesses. They pretty much fell apart just looking at them. I also had to redo all those connections. Other then that everything is working pretty good so far

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
Was not bad LED strips. The pin in the harness that powers the LED's was broken when I opened the package. Had to take the harness apart and solder the pin back together. I would suggest improving the connections on the turn signal harnesses. They pretty much fell apart just looking at them. I also had to redo all those connections. Other then that everything is working pretty good so far

Wow everything should have been heat shrunk and crimped? I guess those small diameter wires are hard to get crimped, I'll add more heat shrink to each splice so they won't come apart in the future. Thanks for letting me know the weak points!

scott_0

Established Member

I made you aware of the issues I had with the harness when I contacted you about the headlights I got from you, its just the fact the lights were a much bigger issue at the time, the crimps and connections were very loose and I had to go through and fix them on my own, as I said I told you this but I guess you missed that part, Idk man, for me its water under the bridge at this point........

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
I made you aware of the issues I had with the harness when I contacted you about the headlights I got from you, its just the fact the lights were a much bigger issue at the time, the crimps and connections were very loose and I had to go through and fix them on my own, as I said I told you this but I guess you missed that part, Idk man, for me its water under the bridge at this point........

No I didn't miss it, I've sold over 20 more of these harnesses and no complaints back so far.

scott_0

Established Member
No I didn't miss it, I've sold over 20 more of these harnesses and no complaints back so far.
well thats good for the customers that may not be able to fix any issues that may pop up, as I said I didnt make too big a deal over it because Im good with wiring, my issue was with the heads I was sold, but you took care of that. actually a few of those customers I probably referred to you on other boards, sometimes things happen and slip through I guess

Last edited:

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
well thats good for the customers that may not be able to fix any issues that may pop up, as I said I didnt make too big a deal over it because Im good with wiring, my issue was with the heads I was sold, but you took care of that. actually a few of those customers I probably referred to you on other boards, sometimes things happen and slip through I guess

I appreciate that man and I'm glad your satisfied as I like to pride myself in my work.

GB2011GT

Established Member
Installed 2013 HIDs into my 11 GT tonight and ran into a few problems. Using the Projectoretrofits harness. Here's what's going on.

Good: Headlights function properly. Got high beams, they turn off after a few seconds when the car shuts off, etc. No issues here.

Bad:
1. Turn signal lights turn on but do not flash. They just stay on. Any ideas?

2. LED's are not on at all, both headlights. Think I screwed things up here. I extended the drivers side white wire to reach the passengers side. Twisted and capped the drivers side, passengers side and wire going to fuse #39 together. These wires are run to the fuse #39 with an "add a fuse" adapter. Does this sound right?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Demetrios

Last edited:

GB2011GT

Established Member
Ok, got up bright and early to figure this out.

Turned the passengers side turn signal light harnesses end around and it stopped flashing quickly. Also, bent one of the pins on each side (trial and error) and the turn signals work now. Off with the lights on, on only with the flashers/hazards.

Still can't figure out the LEDs though. Doesn't seem overly complicated. My defrost still works with the add a fuse installed. Any ideas???

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
Ok, got up bright and early to figure this out.

Turned the passengers side turn signal light harnesses end around and it stopped flashing quickly. Also, bent one of the pins on each side (trial and error) and the turn signals work now. Off with the lights on, on only with the flashers/hazards.

Still can't figure out the LEDs though. Doesn't seem overly complicated. My defrost still works with the add a fuse installed. Any ideas???

Do you have two fuses on the add a fuse? You need two on there for the LEDs to use power on the shared circuit.

floppy98

Established Member
Hey tux can u send me a price on the 2013 headlights and harness for my 2011 w/halogens? Thanks

tuxedoblack11

Established Member
Long time building these harnesses and its all thanks to Cobra1718. I've sold over 500 of multiple variations for the mustang HID's. If anyone would like to voice any variations or criticism please let me know to make this the best harness available for you!

One last thing, lately a lot of customers have been inquiring about reverse HID harnesses (going back to halogen). Not an issue just let me know your year and I can build it.

Thanks again!

cobra1718

Established Member
Long time building these harnesses and its all thanks to Cobra1718. I've sold over 500 of multiple variations for the mustang HID's. If anyone would like to voice any variations or criticism please let me know to make this the best harness available for you!

One last thing, lately a lot of customers have been inquiring about reverse HID harnesses (going back to halogen). Not an issue just let me know your year and I can build it.

Thanks again!
haven't checked this thread lately. Didn't even know it was still active. Hope all is going well tuxedo

Users who are viewing this thread