Boss 302 Manifold Issues

96gt02

Established Member
Yeah thats what im trying to get at, Your rear 02s don't have anything to do with AFR so even if you jacked them up it should not make much of a difference.

121AK

Established Member
Yeah thats what im trying to get at, Your rear 02s don't have anything to do with AFR so even if you jacked them up it should not make much of a difference.

I used the previous owners injectors he sent with the Boss mani? Could that be the issue?

96gt02

Established Member
I mean yeah that makes more sense then the whole O2 thing, why haven't you swapped back in your original injectors yet, it would take like 15 mins to see if thats it?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Ding ding... I missed that part when I read the OP. If an injector was dropped or something, it could very well be fubar. I would install your old ones and send those off to be flow checked cleaned and tuned. Then sell them with the data card that you get back with them after they are checked and/or fixed. Some will pay a bit more just to have a known flow on injectors. You would be surprised at how different one injector can flow from the next. Especially after some miles have been put on them.

You will get back a data card similar to this.
injector.PNG

121AK

Established Member
Ding ding... I missed that part when I read the OP. If an injector was dropped or something, it could very well be fubar. I would install your old ones and send those off to be flow checked cleaned and tuned. Then sell them with the data card that you get back with them after they are checked and/or fixed. Some will pay a bit more just to have a known flow on injectors. You would be surprised at how different one injector can flow from the next. Especially after some miles have been put on them.

Sweet, thanks for the info Hissman! Unfortunately, I'm on a work trip for a few weeks but when I get back, I'll give that a try. Reason why I used his injectors is because he had 20k less miles on them than my stock ones. Figured they'd be a bit better, guess I was wrong.

96gt02

Established Member
Also are you sure that isn't false knock your getting from something like the exhaust hitting something? false knock usually shows up at high RPM on WOT pulls.

121AK

Established Member
Also are you sure that isn't false knock your getting from something like the exhaust hitting something? false knock usually shows up at high RPM on WOT pulls.

I am not sure! That was on my list of things to check before work sent me on a 3 week trip out of state. I plan on having some exhaust work done anyways when I return so I'll have them check the system out.

4VFTW

Established Member
your log is just ugly. lots of knock, passenger side is lean, drivers side is rich, load is decreasing in the high rpm. Make sure the front 02's arent crossed(drivers side 02 in passenger pipe) If that checks out swap the 02's and see if the problem moves bank to bank. if that checks out swap injectors bank to bank after cleaning them with brake cleaner... clean the intake flanges and o- rings as well and relog.

*** Better yet if you still have your injecters/rails put those back on. Make one change at a time and relog.

I had a fueling issue when i swapped to e85 and i had to go step by step and when i cleaned and swapped the intake/injectors it solved the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread