EditorTurner

Established Member
0-Boss-302-vs-Shelby-GT350-Featured.jpg

Who’s the Boss?
Everyday Driver compares the Boss 302 with the Shelby GT350
By Steve Turner

With the introduction of the 2015 Mustang, Ford engineers had a target in mind. It was one that was pretty close to home—make the S550 better than the Boss 302. At the time that was a high watermark, as most considered the 2012-2013 Boss 302 the best Mustang built up to that point. Since then, of course, the latest Shelby GT350 was born and it eclipsed both the Boss and the latest Mustang GT.

Recently the crew at Everyday Driver filmed a comparison of the Boss and GT350. It’s not an instrumented test with a cascade of data, but it does offer a detailed driving impression of both cars, which is fun to watch.

Simply seeing both cars roaring around those twisty roads gave us flashbacks to our own experience with how great both cars are. The Boss 302 helped send the S197 platform out on a high note, while the Shelby GT350 suddenly lifted the already stellar S550 platform to a new level…

[video=youtube;U97I_feu8mE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U97I_feu8mE[/video]

As you can see, the ED crew still considers the Boss 302 a great Mustang, but offer that the Shelby GT350 might be something beyond a Mustang, which is likely what the Ford Performance engineers were going for.

For reference, you can check out the original ED review of the Boss 302 to see just how much they enjoyed the car when it hit the streets…

[video=youtube;348NdBDCXN0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=348NdBDCXN0[/video]

When we see just how far the Mustang platform has come in a couple years, it definitely gets us excited to see what the future has in store for the performance versions of our favorite pony car.

1-Boss-302-vs-Shelby-GT350.jpg

The video crew at Everyday Driver recently compared a 2013 Boss 302 with a 2016 Shelby GT350. Clearly they liked both cars, but the ED team absolutely raved about the GT350.

Users who are viewing this thread