Boss 5.0 / 10.7:1 / Lysholm 3.3 / E85 build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terminator-Fox

Soon...
Established Member
I just looked up that VMP MAF and it says it's good to 700hp. That's it? You'll exceed that!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
I just looked up that VMP MAF and it says it's good to 700hp. That's it? You'll exceed that!

nah, it will go much further than that bro. yeah it says that, but this maf is running on 1000 rwhp shelby's without pegging. that 700 is very conservative. uses BA5000 value files.

recall, with my compression, its not like im sucking in more air.....im compressing it more making more power.

Last edited:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
ok, next round of pics from Tymensky are here! Waiting on cams to ship Friday 9/2 before putting all the timing components on.

StuddedwCometic.jpg

Studded.jpg

AssembledSB.jpg

DSTop.jpg

Bothon.jpg

Exhaust.jpg

Teej281

Established Member
Bumpidy Bump Bump! Hope everything is coming together man! Cant wait to see this bad boy in action!

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Bumpidy Bump Bump! Hope everything is coming together man! Cant wait to see this bad boy in action!

So far so good. Custom cams were supposed to ship yesterday from Bullet to MP. We anticipate receipt 9/7, a few days for John to time the cams and ship. Expect by 9/16 to have iron in my garage.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Noice!!! What redline going to be?

Shortblock is capable of 10000rpms.

Heads are good to 8000rpms.

That being said, I chose peak power to be at 6800 rpms with shift points at 7200. If I ever go turbo in the future, just gotta advance / retard the cams to rev it higher. The 6800 rpm peak power goal is setup up to accomodate the TS whipple.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Update: Custom Cams will be delivered to Tymensky today. No more part shortages to deal with. Just a matter of installing the cams, timing them, and buttoning up the rest of the longblock.

So, I expect next week for final assy to occur. Engine should be here week of Sept 19th

SVT03Chris

NASM Personal Trainer
Established Member
This is epic, Erik!! You and Kevin never cease to amaze me what you all do with these cars.

Been busy with my last year of school so it's refreshing to come on here and see you are still doing it BIG!! Hope all is well with you, kevin, and Brandon

Subscribing to this thread brother :thumbsup:

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
This is epic, Erik!! You and Kevin never cease to amaze me what you all do with these cars.

Been busy with my last year of school so it's refreshing to come on here and see you are still doing it BIG!! Hope all is well with you, kevin, and Brandon

Subscribing to this thread brother :thumbsup:

Hey Chris....all good here. Have had car shut down since May. Working alot here too....but soon to be back up and running. All is well!

Looks like theres a crusher fo the 2.9 now!

Saw that yesterday.....I wanna see if there are any gains to be had before dropping $1900. Will see if the crusher helps. If it proves to be worthy.....maybe next year sometime I'll add one to my setup.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
Guys, this thread will come alive when the engine arrives. many many pics will be taken of all components yet to be assembled!

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
what kind of power were you expecting it to make again? sorry i think u mentioned it somewhere in these 6 pages but i didnt see it.

skaarew04SVT

Not quite fast enough
Established Member
775 rwhp - 850 rwhp depending on boost I run.

Talked to Tymensky....the plan is to ship by end of next week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread