Boss intaked 5.0 verse 2009ish GT500 kinda a kill

kozumasbullitt

Established Member
The quads definitely sound better on the 5.0. Ask me how I know! I love driving through underpasses and tunnels.

Its the same story with mach 1's and 2v gt's getting the 03 front/side/rear parts. Heck even the old '99/'01cobras have been getting swapped out.

Where I live I don't see too many 5.0's. Dealers won't budge on the crazy prices, look for '13/'14 gt500s in my area and they want 87k... Fricken BS, might as well buy a new Viper since you're getting close to 100k. Maybe they are holding out until the '15 comes out.

Haha, I hear you! When I wanted to buy a 13 GT500, everyone had $20K dealer mark ups and the closest I got to one was $6K over MSRP. I ended up buying a used 2011 for a decent price and modded it to my liking. I always have regret not being able to get a 13 for MSRP especially when guys on this forum talk about getting 13/14s for under MSRP.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Haha, I hear you! When I wanted to buy a 13 GT500, everyone had $20K dealer mark ups and the closest I got to one was $6K over MSRP. I ended up buying a used 2011 for a decent price and modded it to my liking. I always have regret not being able to get a 13 for MSRP especially when guys on this forum talk about getting 13/14s for under MSRP.

I paid $3,000+ UNDER sticker.

All this mark up bullshit is just that. Bullshit. You have to be willing to shop around and bring that dealer back to reality.

kozumasbullitt

Established Member

All this mark up bullshit is just that. Bullshit. You have to be willing to shop around and bring that dealer back to reality.

I tried for months, I called their bluff and they let me walk. I offered to write a check for MSRP + TTL at the dealer in Half Moon bay and they let me walk. I gave up, some people just got lucky I guess.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I tried for months, I called their bluff and they let me walk. I offered to write a check for MSRP + TTL at the dealer in Half Moon bay and they let me walk. I gave up, some people just got lucky I guess.

3002 under sticker. I shopped and ran into a few sticklers. Found 3 I could work with and went to my local dealer.. They accepted my offer. I told them I'll be driving to sterling PA in the morning or... You can give me the same deal I've made with them.. And I got a better car with the same amount of money off as the other dealer ship was willing to accept.

Spudz

Established Member
3002 under sticker. I shopped and ran into a few sticklers. Found 3 I could work with and went to my local dealer.. They accepted my offer. I told them I'll be driving to sterling PA in the morning or... You can give me the same deal I've made with them.. And I got a better car with the same amount of money off as the other dealer ship was willing to accept.

Pretty much what I did. The local guys were 5k+ ADM. Shopped around the whole state and found a decent deal in Jacksonville. Gave them the whole "If you give me X out the door, I'll be at your doorstep tomorrow morning," and they went for it. Got under sticker and got to have a nice 2 1/2 hour drive back to enjoy the hell out of my new ride. Also helped it was the end of the month. You just gotta shop around and be patient. It took me 3 months to commit.

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member

Nobody likes you Tezz.. lol I paid sticker and was happy to do so. These fellas were not dealing, they had the buyers lined up.

oldbones

The blue bowtie
Established Member
My buddy bought his 2014 GT500 in dec for sticker...It's a sick ride. I'll probably buy one in a couple years or wait for the new cobra.

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
I've got an 08 500 with pulley,jlt 123 cai, lightened body, 4.10 gears, port matched tb & elbow, full exhaust, Lund tune, stock blower, and have destroyed simple bolt on 5.0's. 305/45/18 nitto 05 drag radials. I'm making 16lbs of boost according to the factory gauge. Most of the time I just set the cruise at 68 and wait for folks to instigate. I20 between Columbia and Camden
heh heh me too

Users who are viewing this thread