Bought a 2004 Cobra parked since 2009

Badaz01

Established Member
Buddy if you find a modded terminator out there with low miles for 15000 please let me know ASAP!!!
just remember for every dollar you spend on modifications your reducing the value of the car by twice that.

bone stock unmolested cobras will always be worth more than those making twice the power of stock with twice the cost of the car invested to get there.

A bone stock unmolested low mile cobra starts off at 35k. If you spend 15 grand in mods to make it faster you just reduced the value to 20 grand. Congrats you just lost 30k Lu

bull_dog190

Established Member
I stumbled onto a 04 Cobra with 49000 km that has been parked in a shed since the old farmers wife bought him a GT500 in 2009 or so. It is completely stock except for the 3m clear vinyl on the nose and the horse in the grill was switched to a snake (the horse was in the glove box).
I drove it 80 km home yesterday and it runs great except the tires are flat spotted from sitting and it shook pretty good at first but was settling down by the time I got back to the farm. I was going to change the shifter, blower pulley and exhaust but it is so original I have to drive it for a few weeks before deciding.
I will change fluids/filters etc but it is so clean I hate to screw it up. And the previous owner is now down to his GT500 and his cool car, a beautiful original 429CJ (mostly original, the 429CJ is sitting on a stand and it has a Boss 429 under the hood for about 40 years now)
Beautiful!! They're only original once!!

fangin2u

Established Member
If it was mine I wouldn’t do anything to the car that would cause it to need a tune. There are certainly after market parts that can vastly improve every aspect of the car. Good luck and have fun. Oh yea I’m the original owner of a modded 03 Cobra.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Any update on your low mile Cobra, mods wise? What have you done since buying it?

79F250

Any update on your low mile Cobra, mods wise? What have you done since buying it?
I changed fluids, replaced tires, bought a pulley which is sitting on my desk and have put 2000 km on it. I just can't bring myself to modify it yet. Maybe next year?
And yes Alberta car bought new in Innisfail and now almost 60 km away. I started looking on the US but a friend found me this one close to home.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good basic stuff. So you're going to hold off installing the pulley (size?) and getting a tune? There's certainly no rush to do any modifications. Since you're fine waiting until maybe next year, I think you're being smart. By the time you're wanting to go ahead with some (basic) mods, you should pretty much know exactly what you want. Enjoy the Cobra!! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread