Bought a new blower, have some questions..

Dalton_ray

Established Member
Hey SVTP, you guys have yet to fail me in this section...

So heres the deal, i started out with a stock cobra march of last year, it didn't stay that way very long.. Quickly went to 2.76 pulley, o/r midpipe, catback, cai tune...... Then I moved onto 2.76 pulley, 100 wet shot, full exhaust, coilovers/kmember/SRA with 4.10s etc...

And I just purchased a 2.3 TVS used with a 2.8 pulley yesterday (which i am freaking pumped about) my dilemma here is, its used.. owner kept the inlet and throttle body for his new gen 2 tvs, which inlet do you guys recommend? How about throttle body? Also what hardware do I need to upgrade while i am in there or do i need to get simply to do the blower swap? Any help from SVTP will be awesome as i prepare to swap this thing on and really speed her up, also if you guys have any input on numbers on 91 octane.. Thanks again!

cj428mach

Established Member
a 2.8 is going to be to much for 91 octane. Probably need to drop to a 3.0".

As for the inlet get a SBTB like accufab or if you have the money the gt500 inlet. The SBTB's have proven gains over the stock style tb.

2003cobra22

Corn Fed
Established Member
a 2.8 is going to be to much for 91 octane. Probably need to drop to a 3.0".

As for the inlet get a SBTB like accufab or if you have the money the gt500 inlet. The SBTB's have proven gains over the stock style tb.

^This and you'll probably wanna ditch those 4.10s for something taller especially if your keeping the 100 shot!

Dalton_ray

Established Member
yes I do plan on dropping the gear to a 3.73 with my 28" tire I'm thinking that set up will run pretty good.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2003cobra22 already recommended a 3.0 upper pulley in his post above.

Dalton_ray

Established Member
Oh shoot, i read the 2.8 is to small for ya and skipped right over the 3.0 part, thanks anyways! Will get into that, in the works of ordering the accufab inlet from a fellow SVTP member that pm'ed so should be up and running soon! woot, thanks for the info guys.

Users who are viewing this thread