Bought a new toy

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Your not going to believe this but........I'm a very proud owner of a dyno. Yes it was in a package deal i made with a shop owner that was going out of business. I bought a bunch of tools and a rack from him. Mostly i wanted the tools. The rest I'll probably sell. The dyno, no i'm keeping it to play with. Having some diamond plate work done on it. Then I'll put it together. The guy hardly ever used it. I never even knew he had it. My trucking business is right around the corner from his shop. Man i cant wait to get my car on that thing and do a pull. I'm a happy camper right now. Deal of the day. :rockon: Some days business is good, real good.....:beer:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
That's awesome! Free dyno runs at your house! Lol

Yeah, a few friends that have stock cars/trucks sure have been nice to me lately. Also pissed because they miss out on the deal. :shrug: None of the shop owners around me knew this guy had a dyno. Or that he was selling everything. He called me first. Because we had done some business together.

Van@RevanRacing

Your not going to believe this but........I'm a very proud owner of a dyno. Yes it was in a package deal i made with a shop owner that was going out of business. I bought a bunch of tools and a rack from him. Mostly i wanted the tools. The rest I'll probably sell. The dyno, no i'm keeping it to play with. Having some diamond plate work done on it. Then I'll put it together. The guy hardly ever used it. I never even knew he had it. My trucking business is right around the corner from his shop. Man i cant wait to get my car on that thing and do a pull. I'm a happy camper right now. Deal of the day. :rockon: Some days business is good, real good.....:beer:

What kind of dyno did you get? Inquiring minds want to know............

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
That would be awesome. You could even have a few beers and run. :banana: Reminds me of when my neighbor worked at a place call fight safety. He work on simulators. They had jets, turbo prop fight simulators. We would get all drunk at night and go down to his work and fly. It was funner then shit. One time my wife got all sick and up chucked all over the place.....:pop:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
What kind of dyno did you get? Inquiring minds want to know............

Hey Van,
Its a Dynojet 248X. In pretty good shape. He lives up north and owns a business. This was his play shop. Nice place, bunch of old hot rods sitting around. He only came down a few months out of the year. Ive move some cars around for him over the years. We always had a good time together, just talking about cars and shot-en the shit. It was in ground, but the rack was outside. Its faded a little. Think I'll have the rack power coated. Then cover the rollers with diamond plate. Needs a new PC for sure. The rails were out back of his shop. He used the rack just to lift cars.

Van@RevanRacing

Hey Van,
Its a Dynojet 248X. In pretty good shape. He lives up north and owns a business. This was his play shop. Nice place, bunch of old hot rods sitting around. He only came down a few months out of the year. Ive move some cars around for him over the years. We always had a good time together, just talking about cars and shot-en the shit. It was in ground, but the rack was outside. Its faded a little. Think I'll have the rack power coated. Then cover the rollers with diamond plate. Needs a new PC for sure. The rails were out back of his shop. He used the rack just to lift cars.

Very cool. I'd contact Dynojet and see about a new computer and having them take a look at it. Sounds like a killer deal. Congrats. :beer:

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
Very cool. I'd contact Dynojet and see about a new computer and having them take a look at it. Sounds like a killer deal. Congrats. :beer:

I called them today. They said to send the stack in and they would check everything and calibrate it for 125. The stack is all of the electronics. The wide band doesn't look that great. So i'll need a good wide band system. I think all the rest is good to go. I really needed some good luck. Maybe its changing for the good. Hope so. I was jumping off the ground when i found out what it was. I didn't know a bunch about Dyno's. I do now, and from what i was told. For a drag racer it doesn't get much better then a 248X. So for now, things are looking up. Thanks Van...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread