• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Bought a Terminator with a 5 speed.

Discussion in 'Driveline' started by TrevorR90, Mar 25, 2010.

1. 01greycobra

01greycobra Built and Blown! Established Member

i know of a few guys who preferred a built 5 speed over the 6 speed in their 03/04's simply because they are track only cars, so it's definitely not unheard of. To the OP, does your brother know for sure its a 5 speed? was reverse at the bottom? and althought it wasnt as simple as bolting in the T-56 in my car, it definitely wasn't much of a hassle. And i doubt he was looking for cheap replacement parts as the 99/01 tails would cost a hell of a lot more than some regular mustang tails.

2. army_man1014

army_man1014 New Member Established Member

My 10th anniversary has it writen on the bumper where SVT is at. I dont know if all the 10th anniv are like that though

3. TRMNTR

TRMNTR Member Established Member

It looks like a Cobra with the wrong wheels, the wrong taillights and an ugly shift knob. Also not a fan of the carbon fiber hood treatment.

Is it possible that your brother assumed it was a five speed and never tried to put it in 6th gear? The rpms in 5th gear are fairly low and he might not have realized he had another gear.

Other than that it doesn't look too bad. I'm sure you'll enjoy it when you get home.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  4. TRMNTR

TRMNTR Member Established Member

Good point. That will tell you for sure.

5. mblgjr

mblgjr Pay Attention Boy! Established Member

Yes; all true 10th anniv. package cars had that decklid badge.

Along with floormats, red door cup pulls; red seat inserts, the split-spoke wheels, CF weave shift and e-brake boots. Prob a couple other things I'm missing.

This car is not a 10th anniv. package car. Simply an '03, which makes it the 10th anniv. for SVT.

6. Digital

Digital New Member Established Member

If you didnt pay low teens you got
    [​IMG]

7. Fastlane Cobra

Fastlane Cobra Active Member Established Member

Work with the dealer on getting a partial refund. That car does not appear to be one of the better condition cobras. Look in the for sale section of this site and compare the prices etc.

I have a convertible 10th Anniversary cobra with a Kenne Bell blower and some other goodies that I may sell soon. I am a 6-8 hour drive from Vicenza, Italy (Heidelberg). I will know more tomorrow. I may have to re-locate to the USA soon but I prefer to stay here longer.

8. TrevorR90

TrevorR90 Banned

Ok, wow it esclated to this. I knew what I was getting myself into which was why I offered 14k on the car and they accepted. My brother just had the car on the lift it is a t45, everything else looked good, but the tranny is on its way out and so is the clutch. Everything checks out and is good. The hood he already got rid of ,he already put the original 03 cobra rims on it with drag radials on the rear and put borla exhaust on it. When I bought this car I went and bought all this stuff for it to put it on as soon as I got home.. I'm going to put the original t56 back in it. Thats I originally thought, the t56 took a crap and the owner was to cheap to put another one in it, I can see why looking at the price difference between t56 and t45.

9. TrevorR90

TrevorR90 Banned

Yes and reverse is to the right and down not up.

10. mblgjr

mblgjr Pay Attention Boy! Established Member

Ok cool. At least you know what you got into :beer:

11. Root1022

Root1022 100 Shot, 1 Kill Established Member

+1, atleast your bringing it back to life :beer:

12. cbr repsol

cbr repsol Well-Known Member Established Member

if your doing trans swaps, why not 4r70w ? I really like the t-56, hopefully soon im going for 650 rwhp levels . Ive seen plenty of people with nothing but problems, expensive clutches,broken parts.

13. T-Pain808

T-Pain808 I Love Asian Girls!!! Established Member

Long as you are happy, I know your doing your best.
    Just make it better and badder

14. Heater

Heater Just Bolt On's Established Member

A few years ago, a local body shop would buy salvaged/stolen higher end cars and swap the parts from them onto a clean titled chassis and sell them. You couldn't tell that they had been swapped unless you knew what to look for. They even went to the extent to switch the VIN numbers and computers.

They got away with it for quite a while, until they got greedy. Believe it or not, they lawyered up and got off relatively easy for it IMO.

15. VenomousDSG

VenomousDSG Get ready to fly! Established Member

Hope you didn't pay more than 11-12 for it.

16. fastbacon

fastbacon Banned

im sure he only payed 9k....lol you know he payed more than 11-12....why even say that....lol.....

on a side note a tko might be cheaper and alot stronger...

17. slifko52

slifko52 slifko Established Member

I have a 6\02 cobra and the switches are the same in mine as are the tail lights, it could be a cross over from when they were just starting the terms

18. postalbunny

postalbunny New Member Established Member

This looks normal to me, i have a vert and the window buttons looks like that. Also, the button by the cup holder is for the top, and it looks normal too.

The Tires, pulley/idler, cold-air, and rear lights are all red flags though. And if it's only a 5 speed, i'd probably that thing back and get your $ back.

19. postalbunny

postalbunny New Member Established Member

the tops were cloth tops... and its too hard to tell from the picture, but it looks right.

20. JaCobra

JaCobra Eaton Powered Established Member

lol at this thread. Its simple to figure out that they just swapped in a t45 because of cost and traded it in. And swapping in a t45 is simple as bolting it in and buying a drive shaft out of a 99/ 01 cobra and modifying the back up light plug.