Bourbon draw. Your first pick?

NIXDSG

Established Member
What is your first and second pick, and why?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221206-172125_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20221206-172125_Messages.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 244

_Snake_

Established Member
Also not listed but I’d highly recommend Horse Soldier.

Their story was the basis for the movie 12 Strong.

Much of our brotherhood was forged in fire during the first days after the 9/11 attacks. Immediately following this affront on our nation, the USA responded with a daring insertion of small teams of Green Berets into northern Afghanistan. The Northern Alliance successfully overthrew Mazar-i-Sharif, a Taliban stronghold, with the support of these brave men. This region’s inhospitable, mountainous terrain made efforts and enemy engagements on wild Afghan horses a necessity for one Special Operations team (ODA595). Nicknamed the “Horse Soldiers”, all these brave men are honored today by America’s Response Monument overlooking “Ground Zero” in New York City.

We make history and continue to live legendary lives by instilling family values, adventurous spirits, and pride into Horse Soldier Bourbon Whiskey.

Superspirit

Established Member
Weller 107 is my favorite, but haven't found a bottle in 4 years not available in NM eagle rare is another good one not available here. So it's wild turkey 101 for me

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Eagle Rare or Buffalo Trace. I love them both pretty equally. I still want a bottle of pappy one day when i have $$$ to literally blow.

My 30$ favorite bottle is elijah craig hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I still want a bottle of pappy one day when i have $$$ to literally blow.
I did the bourbon trail with friends last summer. He wanted to find some Pappy to at least drink on his birthday. A local tipped us off to a place that had Pappy 12 year for I think $25 a shot, vs like $60 at our hotel. We went there, and 5 shots killed the bottle so they let him keep it. The bartender pulls out a fresh bottle and my friend asked how much to hand it over, unopened. Bartender did some quick math and said $600. My friend just handed over his card without question. :)

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
There are a LOT of Whiskeys and Ryes on this "Bourbon List"

Weller is Stellar...

But my daily drink of choice is NOT on your list...and is a Tennessee Whisky...(I just visited there the day after Thanksgiving and scored a 2005 Bottle of the below for only $175.

GeorgeDickelBottledinBondDistillingSeason2007_1024x1024.png

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Russells 13 would be the top of my list. I hate saying it online, especially because it's gaining popularity. But Russels reserve is the best $40 bottle. I've bought it as low as $34. You have to step up to a $50 bottle to beat it.

Pappy 15 - I've had all of the pappys, except the 20 year which I want to try really bad.

If no Pappy, EC 18. I haven't had it but EC small batch is a good drink. I'd love to try an 18 year.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I did the bourbon trail with friends last summer. He wanted to find some Pappy to at least drink on his birthday. A local tipped us off to a place that had Pappy 12 year for I think $25 a shot, vs like $60 at our hotel. We went there, and 5 shots killed the bottle so they let him keep it. The bartender pulls out a fresh bottle and my friend asked how much to hand it over, unopened. Bartender did some quick math and said $600. My friend just handed over his card without question. :)

Absolutely amazing. I would love to run into that deal. It’s incredibly hard just to find shots of it for a somewhat reasonable price around me. Hell, my wife and i were in vegas in October and there was a bar there that would give you a shot for 250$..

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Russells 13 would be the top of my list. I hate saying it online, especially because it's gaining popularity. But Russels reserve is the best $40 bottle. I've bought it as low as $34. You have to step up to a $50 bottle to beat it.

Pappy 15 - I've had all of the pappys, except the 20 year which I want to try really bad.

If no Pappy, EC 18. I haven't had it but EC small batch is a good drink. I'd love to try an 18 year.

I have heard 15 year is where its at supposedly.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread