BOV after intercooler?

Adiabatik

Banned
I currently have a Procharger Big Red BOV mounted on the underneath-portion of the discharge tube (where the factory by-pass mounts) and the damn thing is so big that it's lightly hitting the crank pulley. I've tried finding another spot on the hot-side of the piping but can'tfind a good spot for the BOV. Only place I can find is the section immediately coming out from the intercooler.

I've heard some mixed reviews regarding placement AFTER the intercooler. Will it be ok to mount it there? It will be pre-MAF.

02blownGT

Established Member
I would think it would make heatsoak more of an issue since the intercooler is constantly cooling the charge even when not in boost.Seen a lot of vortech setups like that so it must not be too bad.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Not suitable because the MAF will start reading incorrectly. The ideal place is right after the blower, where you currently have it. Maybe trying tweaking the pipe so it gives you some space.

Adiabatik

Banned
Not suitable because the MAF will start reading incorrectly. The ideal place is right after the blower, where you currently have it. Maybe trying tweaking the pipe so it gives you some space.

The MAF will still be between the TB and BOV (order will be: blower, intercooler, BOV, MAF, TB, motor)...:??:

Last edited:

daniel302

because cobra
Established Member
It's a possibility that it MAY mess with the MAF reading; it's also a possibility that you may get some compressor surge mounting it after the intercooler. I would try to find a way to get it as close to the blower as possible.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
what car is this in?

did you just hog out the stock bypass valve hole and mount it in the same place?

thats what we did with mine, it was VERY close to the crank pulley, loosened up the piping going to the intercooler and tweaked things around and it clears just fine now (03 mach1)

pics might help

Adiabatik

Banned
what car is this in?

did you just hog out the stock bypass valve hole and mount it in the same place?

thats what we did with mine, it was VERY close to the crank pulley, loosened up the piping going to the intercooler and tweaked things around and it clears just fine now (03 mach1)

pics might help

It's an 02 GT and that's exactly where its mounted. Im going to try tweaking it a bit.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I'd just loosen all the clamps way up from blower to inter cooler and see what you can get, that pipe might just need to be trusted toward the radiator

Mr. Anderson

Established Member
do not put the BOV post intercooler. your wasting cooled off air and it will mess with the MAF and make the car dam near impossible to tune right.

Adiabatik

Banned
Alright I believe I've remedied the situation. I cut off the BOV, rotated the discharge tube 180 deg, and used a silicone coupler to connect the cut-off BOV back onto the discharge tube. The coupler extends the BOV about 4" further so that it clears the blower. It's sitting right next to the blower now and actually looks pretty sick.

Users who are viewing this thread