BOV Question

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Alright, I had a little time to do some wrenching yesterday. I bought some more screws to properly install my BOV and I bought some more washers. There was two of them in the BOV to begin with, so I dropped in two more. How many is safe to put in there? My EBC still reads 16psi at the turbo, but my pillar mounted boost gauge is only reading 12psi at the manifold. I know I should expect 1 or 2 psi loss through the intercooler, but 4psi still seems high too me. I thought maybye the BOV was bleeding boost but the extra washers didn't make any difference. Any ideas?

heytonyman

build-break-repeat
Established Member
I would think that by turning up the controller, if seeing an increase on the EBC at the turbo port but little to no rise on your gauge at manifold pressure then that would pretty much point to your blow off valve being the source of the leak. The Supra guys have some very unique ways to pressurize their charge pipes to check for boost leaks or potential problems in the system. I am going to look into them soon...

Tony :)

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
I would think that by turning up the controller, if seeing an increase on the EBC at the turbo port but little to no rise on your gauge at manifold pressure then that would pretty much point to your blow off valve being the source of the leak. The Supra guys have some very unique ways to pressurize their charge pipes to check for boost leaks or potential problems in the system. I am going to look into them soon...

Tony :)

I might have to try that, thanks.

D-Cobra

Established Member
what BOV are you using? since you have already bought and installed your BOV, then you might as well try and fix it and use it.

if not, you should try the Synapse BOV. http://www.synapseengineering.com many people have used it and claimed to have better throttle response. the BOV is pressure tested at 100 psi for boost leaks.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
what BOV are you using? since you have already bought and installed your BOV, then you might as well try and fix it and use it.

if not, you should try the Synapse BOV. http://www.synapseengineering.com many people have used it and claimed to have better throttle response. the BOV is pressure tested at 100 psi for boost leaks.

I have the Turbo XS BOV that came with my Hellion kit.

Users who are viewing this thread