brake/alignment problems

shesalady

Established Member
Is anyone having problems with there new 03 pulling to the right? It acts like it is out of alignment. I also started noticing some "squeaking" when I would hit the brakes? I have my 03 at the dealers (had a week+) and they inspected it and found that the right caplier (?) was bad and they replaced that and then they had to replace the rotors (?) and NOW they have found out that the brake line connection does not fit? They are working with the Ford Engineering. Apparently when the caplier was put on it was done by machine and forced it on. Different fitting. Has anyone ran into this problem. :cryying:

My built number is 216 I got her on June 16th

Last edited:

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Alignment issue can be resolved by requesting that the dealer:

1. Reset camber caster.
2. Re-align the subframe.
3. Perform a four-wheel alignment.

It worked for me. The dealer has held your '03 for a week+!? You may want to mention who the dealer is and where it is located so that we can stay clear of it...

shesalady

Established Member
ALIGNMENT PROBLEM

So are you saying that you have had this problem.. And it is World Ford in Pensacola, Florida. I can't complain about them they are trying however a little upset at not having my car.

Thanks for the input will take all suggestions to them...

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> So are you saying that you have had this problem

Yes. My car pulled hard to the right. Referred to as the 'pull', it is a known issue.

> I can't complain about them they are trying

A week is a bit excessive. Does World Ford provide SVT Premium Service? If so, did they provide you with a complimentary loaner vehicle?

In any event, good luck.

Last edited:

03 Red Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
> So are you saying that you have had this problem

Yes. My car pulled hard to the right. Referred to as the 'pull', it is a known issue.

> I can't complain about them they are trying

A week is a bit excessive. Does World Ford provide SVT Premium Service? If so, did they provide you with a complimentary loaner vehicle?

In any event, good luck.

All 2003 and I believe 2001 SVT vehicles include the Premium Service which includes a loaner vehicle, wash and vacuum. I could care less about the wash and vacuum since I rather do that myself. But it is included if you want it.

shesalady

Established Member
alignment

yes they offer SVT Preminum Service and they gave me a 03 expedition, but that is included in my warranty package. They said that they were going to look at a 03 they have on the lot and see if the same calipers and hose are the same as mine. They are suppose to do this on Monday 11/11/02.. I had a 98 Cobra which did the same thing but back then it was the tires and I ended up purchasing the Pilots. But this 03 I have the tires are better so I'll keep you informed. If anyone else has had this occurence please advise. I think I am going to post this to the Tech side of SVT as well.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
> All 2003 and I believe 2001 SVT vehicles include the Premium Service

Correct. But there is a footnote in the Owner's Guide Supplement regarding SVT Premium Service that goes as follows: '* At participating dealerships only.'. Just wondering if Word Ford is a participant or not. If not and they are holding the car for weeks on end, then perhaps Floridians should be wary of World Ford and its services.

shesalady

Established Member
alignment

They are a SVT dealership and are considered participates. They are calling me on a daily basis but I was getting a little upset because my car is my baby. I had planned to have my catback exhaust system put on over a week ago and it has been on hold indefintely. So as you say I wait. But only for another week and then I will have to seek other avenues.:??:

super sonic

Established Member
I've got 2200 miles on my 03 and the brakes are making a ton of noise, the alignment is off but does not pull too bad. I will have the brakes, alignment and my cats and plugs looked at when I change my oil in 800 miles. I mentioned the cats and plugs b/c I am getting 10mpg and not 20 like the rest of the board.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
super sonic: Plugging. Another reason to ditch the cats outright =>)

super sonic

Established Member
Might ditch them if I decide to buy the QMP exhaust, but am waiting until after SEMA to get info about their headers. I think the cars are running way too rich, causes the plugs to foul and the cats to become plugged. I wonder if Steeda can reburn my computer, I dont want a chip.

Users who are viewing this thread