Brake caliper tool?

jaywoo

Soooo Boss
Established Member
Does anyone have a part number or where you got the brake caliper tool that screws the piton back into the caliper when changing pads? I've seen a bunch on the interwebs but not sure which one works best for a Mustang. Thanks!

Vert

Established Member
Just go to autozone and rent one. You get all of your money back when you return it.

Jabooh1

Established Member
Autozone or O'riely's both have tools with multiple attachments that work great. Much better than the cube you can buy. You just put a deposit down.

Honestly I rent them indefinitely. If they break you return for your money back. So this with spring compressors as well.

debit_free_2010

Established Member
As said, you can rent the OEM 27111 brake tool kit from Autozone.

Those cubes don't work worth a crap, I've had better luck using needle nose pliers.

I bought a cheap "Universal 12PCS Brake Piston Caliper Rewind Back Tool Kit Automotive Tool Set" set off FeeBay for less than $20 shipped to carry in my tool box in case I need it at the track.

Last edited:

lsxjunkie

Established Member
I'm about to do pads. Do you need to screw the front pistons back in on the Brembos or only the rears?

Intense/CP

Taking Care of Business
Established Member
I've farmed out rear brakes, drums, every time. Rotors I can do easy but haven't done rear rotors yet. I only knew about the rear pistons and having to turn them back in. Newb question- Which way do they turn in? Clockwise or counter? I may give this a go next time.

Users who are viewing this thread