brake clicking noise

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
I can hear my right rear brake (windows down) make a clicking noise when applying the brakes at very slow speeds. Mostly annoying as the brakes work fine.

I was thinking about taking the caliper bolts/pins out and lubing them up. Any other suggestions?

JpL4K3

Established Member
I can hear my right rear brake (windows down) make a clicking noise when applying the brakes at very slow speeds. Mostly annoying as the brakes work fine.

I was thinking about taking the caliper bolts/pins out and lubing them up. Any other suggestions?

Happened on my 2002, and my caliper bolts were lose, not saying thats your issue, but I'd try to get it checked right away.

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
Happened on my 2002, and my caliper bolts were lose, not saying thats your issue, but I'd try to get it checked right away.

thanks. took apart the passenger front and rear brakes and lubed everything up with brake grease. did both since I couldn't tell exactly which one (or both) was clicking. front caliper bolts were indeed a little loose. click noise seems to have disappeared.

Users who are viewing this thread