• Welcome to SVTPerformance!
ATTENTION!
You may experience intermittent issues while accessing the site over the next 60-90 minutes, as we perform maintenance and upgrades.

Brake pads and rotors

Discussion in 'SN95 Cobras' started by NRM Cobra, Oct 6, 2014.

1. NRM Cobra

NRM Cobra Narrow Road Motorsport's Established Member

Just looking for opinion's on new brake pads and rotors. I have drilled and slotted rotors now but, they are a couple years old and one of the front's is warped. I'm looking to buy a nice set not anything crazy exspenisve, do I need drilled and slotted or will just slotted do which are the best? Also what pad's do you recommend I've heard EBC colored and Hawks? I only run the car on weekends around town and to local car shows, but I do take it out and run it hard occasionally and want good solid brakes. I'm running the stock Cobra calipers.
    Thanks for your advice.

2. Prototype007

Prototype007 Active Member Established Member

Look into dimpled rotors instead of drilled. They still allow venting, but metal is only further strengthen when pressed with dimple dies. They're also a lot less likely to crack unlike a drilled rotor.

3. arayray

arayray Member Established Member

+1, I have the black zinc coated dimpled and slotted rotors from TPSMotorsports with ceramic brake pads. Very nice setup

4. STAMPEDE3

STAMPEDE3 SAULS BROTHER Staff Member Super Moderator

Solid blanks are the best but don't look as good.

If you aren't spending $1K+ on slotted/drilled then they are just for looks.