Brakes question.

Winglesscobra

Columbus/Kent State
Established Member
What brake pads does everyone run on their Cobras? My car is a 96 Cobra. I was thinking of getting some Hawk brake pads, either the High-Performance or the High-Performance Plus? What would you guys choose? Also, I am going to be getting stainless steel brake lines from Russell at the same time, so there won't be any problems. Any more info would be great.
:rockon:

95cobby

Established Member
Just ordered some Hawk Front brake pads and some stainless steel lines, can't wait to get them on.

RippinSVT

SVT Afficianado...
Established Member
97CasperCobra said:
the Performance Friction ones from AutoZone. There's a guy in my club, drives a 2000 R and that's what he uses....:eek:

Ditto! I love my Performance Friction pads and the Porsche open-trackers use them, so I will too! If you get Hawk pads, though they are awesome performers, be ready for some SERIOUS brake dust, like cleaning your wheels every-other day. I can't what for my SS lines, then my brake system will be complete...

ejt

Established Member
I installed the Hawk High Performance pads and Russell lines on my '97 last year. I drove it at Indianapolis last October in the SVTOA IRP Invasion and the brakes were fantastic! It was the best modification I've made on the car so far. Got up to speeds of about 110-120 on the main straightaway and had to hit the hooks hard before Turn One each time. No fade, no squish in the pedal, nothing but great stopping power. I thought about the Plus pads but the street pads turned out to be no liability at all. I also flushed all the old fluid out with Ford high performance DOT 3, which was recommended to me by several racers; they said it supposedly has the highest boiling point of any DOT 3. Works for me. I can recommend Hawk and Russell 100% to you. Go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread