Brakes won't release with key on

Beercules

Established Member
Just drive my car a little for the first time in a long time. I've done a lot of work to it, but no brake work.

When I apply the brakes, they won't release until I turn the key off, then everything's fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
That's crazy! Never heard of that. It will be interesting to see the solution

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn't the 13-14 have some feature that keeps the car from rolling backward in forward gears or neutral? I've heard it referred to as hill assist or roll-back protection. Maybe that's what you have going on?

Bearbo

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mine has that issue. Issue is sitting long periods. It seems like the caliper piston doesn’t retract after first brake use.

The mod life. A little bit of driving makes the issue for me to go away.

raustin0017

Established Member
Had line lock on my 427 replica Cobra. Was cruising around with the spousal unit and stopped at a Red-light in downtown Altus, OK and tried to pull away from the light. Stalled out. Pushed in the clutch fired her back up and tried to take off again. Stalled out. WTF? Front brakes were locked tighter than a set of Nun thighs.
Had to 'reverse' out of the traffic lane into a strip mall parking lot while dragging the front rubber. Embarrassed? Hell no. I was in my Cobra! Ended up opening up the front brake line to relive pressure and babied it back to the home garage. Boys toys sometimes give ya problems but that is half the fun.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
Exactly! If you want something easy, drive a Prius!
Had line lock on my 427 replica Cobra. Was cruising around with the spousal unit and stopped at a Red-light in downtown Altus, OK and tried to pull away from the light. Stalled out. Pushed in the clutch fired her back up and tried to take off again. Stalled out. WTF? Front brakes were locked tighter than a set of Nun thighs.
Had to 'reverse' out of the traffic lane into a strip mall parking lot while dragging the front rubber. Embarrassed? Hell no. I was in my Cobra! Ended up opening up the front brake line to relive pressure and babied it back to the home garage. Boys toys sometimes give ya problems but that is half the fun.

Users who are viewing this thread