BRaptor Gets More BOOOOOOST!!!! | JB4 Device Install at 5 Star Tuning

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have been dealing with Terry since 2008. Customer service is amazing even after the purchase and install.

My 08 BMW 135i and jb4 tuner has gone to 580 rwhp. Granted this was after David Tauty in Miami rebuilt my engine with the right innerds and suspension mods. I had a 103 octane map.

Just when I had her about where I want my back went south fast.

Holy cow. Turbo upgrade/s im assuming.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Holy cow. Turbo upgrade/s im assuming.
Yes, it was a larger single turbo instead of the little twins. The lag was just enough to let the tires catch during full throttle. She was a road course car not afraid of the drag occasionally.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Then the fault still lay with Burger for marketing/selling it. By the way, the entire time I owned the Mini Cooper plus two years, the tuner kit was advertised to be a Beta product. Which tells me that I basically was a beta tester but paid full price for their piggy back tuner. I never received any updates over the three years of ownership. So again, as a result of my own experience with Burger, I'm not a fan.
I never dealt any issues with any of their products. I originally owned a JB+ then upgraded to a JB4 on my 335i, both worked flawlessly.

My brother and I met Terry as well, he was tweaking my brother's JB2R for race fuel at his house, way before the much simpler JB4 came out. He always responded fast with me as well thru e-mails, never had any concerns. Sucks you didnt get the same good customer service.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I never dealt any issues with any of their products. I originally owned a JB+ then upgraded to a JB4 on my 335i, both worked flawlessly.

My brother and I met Terry as well, he was tweaking my brother's JB2R for race fuel at his house, way before the much simpler JB4 came out. He always responded fast with me as well thru e-mails, never had any concerns. Sucks you didnt get the same good customer service.
Their reputation is what drove me to order the JB4 in the first place. I think their labeling the Mini Cooper tuner as a "beta" should have been a warning sign to me, but I really wanted it for the increased performance and it seemed to be the best tuning option for my Mini at the time. Around the 2 year mark of ownership I remember talking to one of their support/sales reps and I asked when the device was coming out from the "beta" classification. I was told they decided to discontinue the device for the Mini, which might play into what Sid said earlier. Still no excuse for leaving me high and dry, but, oh well. I sold the Mini not too long after and life goes on. Nice to hear, though, that there are a lot of positive feelings/reviews about Terry's overall service.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
so will it be able to keep up with a 392 now?

i kid i kid, but no seriously will it?

also, how did you get your hands on a Braptor that you can modify??

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Funny you should ask. I have a friend that owns one. We may have to line them up.

I told them it was for SVTP, went to the front of the line.

front of the line as in purchased? or as in borrowed/press vehicle? awesome to hear you have that kind of pull/respect bud :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread