Brembo 6 Piston (2013) Front Caliper upgrade

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
did you get the rears too or just the fronts?

im hoping to get mine installed in a couple of weeks. i got front and rear. just received front and rear Hawk pads from Van :burnout:

Who's going to do your rears? The axles need to pop out. :uh oh:

DaFreak

Established Member
2013 Guys,

Could one of you pop off your front tire and get a pic of the Caliper bracket? Or even better, does anyone have any pics/writeup of doing a pad swap?

Thanks a million,
jeff

BMARZ

Established Member
I need to install mine, too!

BilsteinandBrembo.png

DaFreak

Established Member
I need to install mine, too!

BilsteinandBrembo.png

Thanks for the pic, this answers one question. Can you pull both pads out of one of your calipers and take pics of each of the pads (showing what side of the caliper they are installed)?

Pretty please????

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Who's going to do your rears? The axles need to pop out. :uh oh:

say what? :??:

Van has Hawk pads for the 2013 brakes?

2008 GT500
2013 TVS powered

yep. i checked out the invoice, they say theyre for a lexus lol. ill have to find it. but yes, he's got them now. he has both street and track for them. i got the street pads for now.

cluscher

Established Member
Man, that looks great and your work on this upgrade is Tobesque. Would be great to catch up at a track day this year and put your rig on display. You need to check out The Ridge in Shelton. Im working on Van to get him to come out again this year, and would be a good day to hook up.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Chris, I just dig the fact that Jeff did it his way. Instead of following the masses he deviated but not without a goal in mind and a set of well laid out plans. The result of which looks absolutely fantastic.

Jeff, I look forward to your review of the new hardware after you've given that car some more track time. It'll be interesting to see how much of a difference you actually 'feel' between what you have now and what you had before.

I love the look. Truly unique and tasteful.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
sorry for my ignorance but do the 13-14 GT500's have 14" rotors on the back? Any difference in calipers on the back of the 13-14 gt500's when compared to the 07-12 GT500's?

I'm looking to upgrade the factory 14" brembo's on my car and these look like a nice, semi-budget friendly upgrade (For 6 piston brembo's with 15" rotors).

DaFreak

Established Member
Man, that looks great and your work on this upgrade is Tobesque. Would be great to catch up at a track day this year and put your rig on display. You need to check out The Ridge in Shelton. Im working on Van to get him to come out again this year, and would be a good day to hook up.

Thanks clusher! Van sent me a u-tube video for The Ridge awhile back. That place does look sweet. Would love to get up there this year. Not so sure my budget can afford it though :)

Chris, I just dig the fact that Jeff did it his way. Instead of following the masses he deviated but not without a goal in mind and a set of well laid out plans. The result of which looks absolutely fantastic.

Jeff, I look forward to your review of the new hardware after you've given that car some more track time. It'll be interesting to see how much of a difference you actually 'feel' between what you have now and what you had before.

I love the look. Truly unique and tasteful.

Thanks Tob. I have already noticed a good difference in the tires. The NT05's stick much better and have an all around smoother and more consistent feel. I hope to test the brakes soon. I'll be sure to post up comments.

I do have the say that is was a super easy upgrade and I would highly recommend it. It's all bolt on and took all of 2hrs to complete. Man, I forgot how good the stock GT500 stuff (pads, lines, calipers) is too. Ford does it right.

sorry for my ignorance but do the 13-14 GT500's have 14" rotors on the back? Any difference in calipers on the back of the 13-14 gt500's when compared to the 07-12 GT500's?

Yes, the rears run a 14" rotor in the back but use the same caliper (different bracket). I am working on this upgrade too and can have some more feedback soon.

DaFreak

Established Member
On a separate note and I considering selling my stock (4 piston) Brembo's with Duralast CMax gold ceramic pads for $500 (shipped). PM me if you're interested.

Users who are viewing this thread