Brembo brake hardware?

HKusp

Established Member
I recently put new front and rear pads as well as new Boss 302 brake lines on and I am very happy with the performance of the pads but they came with hardware that wouldn't fit so I re-used the old hardware. I have a very annoying squeaking that is wheel rpm dependent, emanating from the rear brakes mostly on the right side. I am pretty certain it's the old hardware and was looking to replace it with the original Brembo parts. I looked at their catalog online, and they show the hardware, but don't list it separately. I am very happy with the pads I have and don't want to have to replace them if I don't have to, but Brembo doesn't even have a "contact us" link on their site and I would rather not resort to dealing with the "stealership" if I don't have to. Does anyone have any idea how to get a hold of OEM Brembo hardware for my '09?

barspen

Established Member
You can buy new brake hardware kits (anti-rattle clips, boots, bolts) at Autozone, the dealership or online. They are not terribly expensive.

I'd recommend cleaning the rear pistons with a lot of brake cleaner and lightly lube up the dust seals and grease the pad contact points (edges).

Are you running Brembo pads? I don't believe the rear calipers are made by Brembo.

HKusp

Established Member
I actually am not running Brembo pads, I am running Powerslots (if I recall correctly) and since you posted I called the dealership and they have the hardware kit and it's not expensive and all, I believe they quoted me $18.95 full retail. I will grab that tomorrow and do what you recommend for the pistons and lubing of the contact points and seals. Thank you for the input.

Black Cobra '99

Established Member
On the rear calipers you also need to lube the sliding pins, and the back of the brake pad. You could also be missing shims for the pads, or the piston is not lined up properly with pad. There is a notch on the piston and a round protrusion on the brake pad, these should be aligned or the brakes will drag.

Users who are viewing this thread