Broken Half Shafts With An Automatic?

chevpwr

Established Member
Has anyone broken a half shaft with an automatic yet? If so what mods/tires/HP/TQ
I have a Circle D converter on the way. I am eventually going to buy some, but I was
wondering how much time I have until I "need" them?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
i could be wrong but id think the much less violent launch with an auto compared to a stick will mean the half shafts will stick around in an auto for a longer period of time...

chevpwr

Established Member
i could be wrong but id think the much less violent launch with an auto compared to a stick will mean the half shafts will stick around in an auto for a longer period of time...

That's kinda what I was thinking, I guess I'll see how long they will last with a full weight vert, drag radials, and 3500rpm launches :)

14ksstang

Established Member
I'm friends with the guys over at gforce. When I talked to them about ford testing the half shafts, the basically said ford got 2-3 passes on the stock half shafts with slicks. They also said that they were basically launching at 7000 rpm in a stick car just trying to break them. Fyi- ford has yet to break a gforce half shaft lol.

Last edited:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Due to early tuning limitations with the auto many have not been pushed hard yet. Hopefully with tuning coming around we'll see some good results soon. I think the stock shafts could live longer with the auto for sure, but for any high HP build or FI I think they will still be a must.

Users who are viewing this thread