Broken seat track rail! HELP!

Erick

Established Member
I got in the car this morning, sat in the seat and the front right corner snapped. I felt like a real fat-ass. Funny thing was I was heading to the gym.

So, do I save money & weight and replace it with a manual track or go with another power track? I'm assuming a manual passenger side track will work right? What would you do?

Erick

Established Member
Go on a diet...:lol1:
I was actually heading to the gym when this happened. The seat breaking was huge confirmation I was going to the right place. Seriously though I only weigh around 190lbs and my car has 55K on her. :shrug:

The part that snapped is a very small pivot point of the power track. I'll think about having it welded. It would surely save me a lot of money.

My Recaro's sit a few inches further back on the rails than the factory seat did. I wonder the weight transfer added extra stress in the front?!!!

Last edited:

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
Same exact thing happened on my '98. It broke right at the pivot poing where it adjusts the track 'up'. I recommend what I did...grab a manual track out of the boneyard for $20and forget the power. Its cheaper, lighter, and I gained a little headroom with it.

Good luck. If you want an OEM new one, I believe they list for $385 at the dealership!

Erick

Established Member
Same exact thing happened on my '98. It broke right at the pivot poing where it adjusts the track 'up'. I recommend what I did...grab a manual track out of the boneyard for $20and forget the power. Its cheaper, lighter, and I gained a little headroom with it.

I found a cheap manual track. I may still try to have the power track welded but as you know, that piece that snapped is pretty small to be welded and not comprimised. I think I'll be happy with the manual track. Plus, It'll be much quicker every time I vaccuum the car out.

Users who are viewing this thread