Brothers

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn, right in time.

He handled that awesome, these guys never know what they’re pulling up on

SGT MERC

Established Member
I teared up as well. I was in that exact situation, but on the veterans end of it. I was on my way home from a very intense PTSD group. I had to drive an hour and 10 mins to and from for the group. It was my first group therapy after spending 60 days inpatient in a PTSD program at a VA facility. The intrusive thoughts were vivid and horrible... and I couldn't shake it. I pulled over and completely broke down. I had pulled over in a housing development. An officer pulled over because a homeowner had called the police for a suspicious vehicle parked and occupied. Before he walked up to the window he had asked if I was a veteran, because of my "Proud Graduate of Marine Corps Combat University" sticker on my back window. I said "yes" and he asked if I had any weapons in the vehicle. I honestly give and later gave, that man credit for helping in my long road to recovery and learning how to live/cope with it. Just him being there, at the right time that night, was a God send. He was a Marine Combat Veteran himself and knew exactly what to say and how to help. He got me right back to the VA, himself, within an hr.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
I teared up as well. I was in that exact situation, but on the veterans end of it. I was on my way home from a very intense PTSD group. I had to drive an hour and 10 mins to and from for the group. It was my first group therapy after spending 60 days inpatient in a PTSD program at a VA facility. The intrusive thoughts were vivid and horrible... and I couldn't shake it. I pulled over and completely broke down. I had pulled over in a housing development. An officer pulled over because a homeowner had called the police for a suspicious vehicle parked and occupied. Before he walked up to the window he had asked if I was a veteran, because of my "Proud Graduate of Marine Corps Combat University" sticker on my back window. I said "yes" and he asked if I had any weapons in the vehicle. I honestly give and later gave, that man credit for helping in my long road to recovery and learning how to live/cope with it. Just him being there, at the right time that night, was a God send. He was a Marine Combat Veteran himself and knew exactly what to say and how to help. He got me right back to the VA, himself, within an hr.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

God bless you and that Officer.

Thank you both for your Service.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Brought tears to my eyes as well. Being oldest in my platoon I typically was chosen to take care of the guys who were mentioning being suicidal. Most of them were just looking for a way out of the Marines because they were homesick or missed their girlfriends and couldnt handle the 2 weeks in the wire schedules we had where juniors had no phone or internet privilages and no phones or laptops were allowed. So it was pretty obvious they didn't actually have any intent on committing suicide and were just using it because they were breaking under the responsibility.

Having said that and then watching this video, it is clear this soldier is in real need. Those are real tears and a real cry for help. Seeing someone reaching out for help so desperately and seeing some show the compassion needed is very emotional.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Most people can't fathom what these men go through. They get mad if someone misgenders them. When real men break down...it's some serious shit. Should be top priority and sometimes..it just takes an ear or hug. Then some counseling to learn to deal with it. Nothing but love and respect for the Combat Vets, the real MVP's.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I’ll take the lumps in this thread.

Not gonna fire back.

This was righteous.
1664665888174.gif

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That was a definite WOW moment! One of my state's greatest Troopers. I hope that Vet got the help he needed. The hug and compassion from the Trooper was hopefully a big step towards the healing he needs.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Well goddamn, I wish there was more video.

But I’m also glad there isn’t. That’s brutal.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I think I heard the following statistic from the Shawn Ryan Show. Since the Afghanistan withdrawal, calls to the VA hotline have gone up 81% from the previous year.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
I think I heard the following statistic from the Shawn Ryan Show. Since the Afghanistan withdrawal, calls to the VA hotline have gone up 81% from the previous year.

Not surprised.

Once you realize that all your hard work and sacrifice has been made pointless, it’s hard.

Suicide rate at my Agency is on target to be more than double last year.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member

Not just vets man

I spitballin here but ive see a huge increase in crisis and suicidal pts coming through the hospital i work in over the last 2 years...i mean like 200 or 300% increase...kids, young adults and the elderly...lots of of em

We currently have 3 crisis patients aeaiting placment in the ED right now...and we have had atleast 3 a week all year

Users who are viewing this thread