Brothers

MG0h3

Established Member
Not just vets man

I spitballin here but ive see a huge increase in crisis and suicidal pts coming through the hospital i work in over the last 2 years...i mean like 200 or 300% increase...kids, young adults and the elderly...lots of of em

We currently have 3 crisis patients aeaiting placment in the ED right now...and we have had atleast 3 a week all year

I know we’ve had a couple tough years, across the globe honestly.

But people are ****ing soft now. That def comes into play with the increase. We’ve got 20+ yrs of people being told that if they are uncomfortable, they don’t have to do something. So when they find themselves up against the wall and it’s the first time, they are overwhelmed. Add to that, they’re all surrounded by soft people.

I’d be curious to see what the suicide rates are in 3rd world countries where people are born into strife and every day is hard. I suspect their suicide rate is much lower.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

_Snake_

Established Member

Not gonna lie. Couldn’t watch more than 10-15 seconds of the video.

Didn’t / couldn’t read the replies in this thread.

Shit sucks.

And I genuinely thank you for sharing this. It’s a powerful first hand account of what many Veterans struggle with every single day. It’s impossible to describe the magnitude of the challenge and that video shows it for what it really is.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Not surprised.

Once you realize that all your hard work and sacrifice has been made pointless, it’s hard.

Suicide rate at my Agency is on target to be more than double last year.

I can only imagine. I didn't serve. I wish our government would do more to help vets AFTER they get out of the service.

One of our contractors was a marine. He was roommates with the guy who shot Chris Kyle. He talked to me about how that dude wasn't the same mentally after being deployed to New Orleans after Katrina. This same contractor also said of himself that the military does a great job of investing in you, making you feel like you are needed and doing good things, but when you get out..see ya! Figure it out and get on with life! He said he was slamming a 30 pack of beer a day and dumping money into his Harley. He stopped talking after that... his demeanor made me think things got really bad for him. He said he called the VA after about two months. This dude is as friendly as they come and doesn't go too deep into his military experiences and I was shocked he even told me that much.

I am glad he's still alive because we need more people like this guy.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
I've dealt with a lot of vets over the years in various capacities. The SHIT that they have to live is more than the human mind was meant to handle. The treatment of vets is not even close to what that type of trauma and subsequent PTSD require. It's sad. I do what small bit I can, but they need WAY more than I can offer them.
That officer reacted well to that situation. Possibly helped save a life there.

MG0h3

Established Member
I can only imagine. I didn't serve. I wish our government would do more to help vets AFTER they get out of the service.

One of our contractors was a marine. He was roommates with the guy who shot Chris Kyle. He talked to me about how that dude wasn't the same mentally after being deployed to New Orleans after Katrina. This same contractor also said of himself that the military does a great job of investing in you, making you feel like you are needed and doing good things, but when you get out..see ya! Figure it out and get on with life! He said he was slamming a 30 pack of beer a day and dumping money into his Harley. He stopped talking after that... his demeanor made me think things got really bad for him. He said he called the VA after about two months. This dude is as friendly as they come and doesn't go too deep into his military experiences and I was shocked he even told me that much.

I am glad he's still alive because we need more people like this guy.

Well I’ve literally got five dudes I hung out with today, never were in combat, 100% disabled.

$3500+ a month for life and no property taxes.

Really get tired of the “VA doesn’t do anything” narrative.

It’s total BS according to the guys I know that did anywhere from 6-20yrs.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Well I’ve literally got five dudes I hung out with today, never were in combat, 100% disabled.

<--- did 12 years and 0 disability baby

But yes just as many get ****ed as that get disability for no reason

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

It all depends on many factors…. Set up and perseverance is just a few.

Like someone mentioned, some scam the **** out of the system, while some legit veteran’s get ****ed…. Then some deserving dont even try to get their comp…

Dusten

Established Member
The discrepancy is odd. I don’t know how a few of these guys pulled it off to be honest.

There are companies that will handle the VA on your behalf and are very good at what they do.

I handed over my records. Signed a power of attorney and then attended the required VA screenings. 80% disability.

MG0h3

Established Member
It all depends on many factors…. Set up and perseverance is just a few.

Like someone mentioned, some scam the **** out of the system, while some legit veteran’s get ****ed…. Then some deserving dont even try to get their comp…

Ya I called a couple of these guys out. What they get isn’t right.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ya I called a couple of these guys out. What they get isn’t right.

Just like some bad police, mechanics, doctors, etc. Many a veteran MILK the system….

Usually you can spot them, since they really like to broadcast their “accolades“ to anyone that will listen, like like a lighthouse during a tempestade!

MG0h3

Established Member
Just like some bad police, mechanics, doctors, etc. Many a veteran MILK the system….

Usually you can spot them, since they really like to broadcast their “accolades“ to anyone that will listen, like like a lighthouse during a tempestade!

I don’t know anyone under 60%. I know active duty that are 70%. How the **** does that work lol.

But oh well. They’re just stealing tax dollars that we’re stolen from us so whatever.

Since I personally know so many that take the systems time and money, I don’t have any patience for people complaining that the VA doesn’t help. Maybe if their own comrades weren’t clogging up the pipeline and stealing the funds, they could get the help they need.

Dusten

Established Member
My only issue with the VA is when people have legit mental health issues and aren't getting help.

Beyond that, just go to the ****ing doctor.

I was seeing my doc the other day about my back(service related) and my coworker asked why not use the VA.

The VA already pays me 2gz tax free. I don't need more help.

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
And yet our government throws billions of dollars at other countries and lets millions of illegal aliens cross our borders. We need to take care of the military vets and our elderly citizens.

dads01dream

Established Member
My heart goes out to this poor guy and man were my tears streaming. So thankful the officer adapted to the situation and was in a position to help. It reminded me of a Bible verse I reflect on often... (Proverbs 17:17) "A true friend shows love at all times And is a brother who is born for times of distress."

The officer certainly showed himself to be that "true friend" for this dear veteran. Forums like this website are a terrific place to find comradery whether it be concerning cars, family or emotional situations as we've discussed in other topics. Thanks OP for sharing this tweet.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I don’t know anyone under 60%. I know active duty that are 70%. How the **** does that work lol.

But oh well. They’re just stealing tax dollars that we’re stolen from us so whatever.

Since I personally know so many that take the systems time and money, I don’t have any patience for people complaining that the VA doesn’t help. Maybe if their own comrades weren’t clogging up the pipeline and stealing the funds, they could get the help they need.

Sleep Anea alone is 50%. Even missing an arm in battle I believe is only 10%. Is sleep apnea really that big an issue? I know my Uncles best friend died of it, but I've never heard it be an issue other than that.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member

He wasn't knocking the VA. He gave the VA credit for helping him. He was saying that he wished the military (Marines) itself did more to prepare him for getting out. The way I translated what he said to me was he had to figure out on his own what the next steps were after getting out and going through the things he went though.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sleep Anea alone is 50%. Even missing an arm in battle I believe is only 10%. Is sleep apnea really that big an issue? I know my Uncles best friend died of it, but I've never heard it be an issue other than that.

Sleep apnea can **** you up. But “battle” injuries, especially disfigurement, should take precedence… Incurring shit DUE TO service > incurring shit WHILE in service.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'll say when I got out I handed my service record over to the VA. They went through it and applied for an much disability as you could possibly get due to your medical records. I didn't have much say in terms of yes or no. I could have fought for more but I didn't feel the need. I had listed ringing of the ears and it was denied because of my career field. I guess being a small arms instructor and crew serve weapons instructor isn't loud enough. Or 40,000 psi water blasters and every tool known to man to refurb underwater Mines after being in the ocean for months. I was just grateful for serving and obviously my retirement.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I'll say when I got out I handed my service record over to the VA. They went through it and applied for an much disability as you could possibly get due to your medical records. I didn't have much say in terms of yes or no. I could have fought for more but I didn't feel the need. I had listed ringing of the ears and it was denied because of my career field. I guess being a small arms instructor and crew serve weapons instructor isn't loud enough. Or 40,000 psi water blasters and every tool known to man to refurb underwater Mines after being in the ocean for months. I was just grateful for serving and obviously my retirement.

You should 100% be service connected for Tinnitus. Should appeal. You likely had a shitty doctor, who gave a shitty opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread