Budget Return System vs. Ford GT Pump Upgrade

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
400012_336426433055395_117187018312672_1098446_1507305363_n.jpg

Lethal Performance 99-04 4V Budget Return Style Fuel System [LP-9904BUDGETRETURN-4V] : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

635e6960f6dd3064213fdac29da9bdaa.image.634x550.jpg

Anabolic

Banned
so what if i would put the 105lb injectors on with your system?.. it comes with everything to rip out the current fuel setup and install that in the OE tank?
new lines/Hat EVERYTHING?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The budget return uses the stock feed lines and rails, so even with 105's, the system is going to max in the 750 range as that's all the stock lines and rails can support. If you are looking to support more than 750 hp, I recommend stepping up to one of the complete systems that we offer that uses bigger lines and rails. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Do you guys have the installation guide or a DIY posted anywhere online for this kit?

Trying to see what i'm getting myself into if I decide to install myself, or if I need to budget in a shop doing the install.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Well, all kits come with complete instructions, and it's a pretty easy install, just very minor wiring. I'll see if there is a digital document that we can share.

Anabolic

Banned
yeah i want to uopgrade to braided lines/large rails..... my current lines are messed up, PO pinched one and i have jumpy fuel pressure now

so a line upgrade is a must.

Rossim22

Established Member
I already have GT pumps in my 03 Cobra but would like to go return style. What would be needed to convert while keeping my GT pumps and would it be cost effective compared to your budget return style kit?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
The GT pumps are not made to be run full time in a return style system, they are built for variable voltage systems ie returnless. You essentially would have to go with our complete or budget systems as we don't have any hats for the GT pumps anyways. The return style pumps will also support more power, so I think the switch is worth it. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

Rossim22

Established Member
The GT pumps are not made to be run full time in a return style system, they are built for variable voltage systems ie returnless. You essentially would have to go with our complete or budget systems as we don't have any hats for the GT pumps anyways. The return style pumps will also support more power, so I think the switch is worth it. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

I've been reading mixed responses on that subject as they were meant to be returnless but should have zero problems being run as return. It's just been shown that the focus pumps wear out sooner. Now if that's possible, and I use the stock hat, couldn't I just modify the tank slightly? Then I would just need:
DivisonX EFI Fuel Pressure Regulator
DivisionX Regulator to Rail Adapter
0-100 PSI Liquid Filled Mechanical Fuel Pressure Gauge
Lethal Performance Dual Pump Return Style Wiring Harness
And the extra fuel line

Correct?

foreprecision said:
GT pumps will work in a return configuration. The manufacturer of the GT pumps (Walbro) has verified this.

Last edited:

Entrenched

Established Member
I ran two Ford GT pumps in a return style setup. All aeromotive rails, regulator, -10 an in, -8 an out. 2 Pistons later I spent the money on a quality return style hat and Walbro pumps.

This was on my 76mm 2v GT I once had. I was at 632 rwhp. I still have the modified tank and hat setup collecting dust.

Users who are viewing this thread