Build thread: Project "Exterminator". Twin turbo 2018 F150 RCSB 5.0 A10 4x4.

olympic

Established Member
Few more shots. Also got the Morimoto quad LED projector headlights installed.

20210414_220835.jpg
20210414_220556.jpg

20210414_220655.jpg

And finally here's a quick cold start with the new exhaust. It's loud but not too obnoxious, likely tamed down a bit by the turbos.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Man, nice work! Sounds great! Yeah turbos knock down a lot of the high frequency-pitch out of the exhaust. I bet you were wishing you did the undercarriage wash first as it turned out great, wheels fit perfect and love the color match bumper and grill!. You turned a regular kinda plain Jane truck into a super cool rocket! Lots of hard work but the reward has to feel worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

utlong31

Established Member
That’s going to be a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Out data logging today. Just a low timing base tune on 8psi so nothing spectacular but it makes all the right noises! :cool:

What in the Canada? I didn't realize there were places where F150 dash had kmh as the primary unit. I get the digital part but the analog speedo hurt my brain.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
The hood looks great. My buddy did the same hood on his supercharged 2020. Funny story, he swears the Cervinis hood is heavier than the stock one…

even on my lightning I had to get stronger good struts to hold the cervinis cowl hood

Small update. Had some issues to deal with but the truck it ready for data logging. Mother nature had other ideas though, we just got through a 2 day blizzard so there goes another 1-2 weeks till this clears up.

View attachment 1699053

View attachment 1699055

Finally got around to cleaning the undercarriage and boy was it a mess. The frame and cross members were literally full of dirt and gravel! I knew this would be a big messy job so I parked the truck over the floor drain, lifted it up as far as I could with jack stands, removed wheels and went to work.
View attachment 1699058

Round 1. This is just what I could spray off with the hose and pressure washer.
View attachment 1699059

Round 2, starting to clear out the frame.
View attachment 1699060

Some pretty good sized rocks came out...lol.
View attachment 1699061

I made this tool to help get inside the frame. A piece of rubber hose attached to a piece of hard plastic tubing. The undercarriage isn't perfectly clean but it's a lot better. I'll hit it again once the truck is on the road.
View attachment 1699062

Finished installing the audio system. I chose this dual 8" JL Audio CP208LG-W3v3 vented sub box because it fits perfectly behind the seats and can be easily removed should the need arise. It won't bend sheet metal but it sounds great with plenty of thump.

View attachment 1699063

To power everything I used an Alpine PDX-V9 amplifier under the passenger seat. It's rated at 4 x 100w + 500w x 1.
View attachment 1699064
View attachment 1699065

New amps are amazing, my JL slash series amps with the same output probably take up 2.5-3x more room than that one

Silverboost

Established Member
Olympic love the build you are doing! I've got a 2021 RCSB 5.0 on order that I am going to do a full build. Would love to catch up with you offline to pick your brain about the suspension and the differential along with any other lessons learnt from your build.

I am a few months out from having the truck, but I am already ordering parts.

Thank you,
Mike

olympic

Established Member
Olympic love the build you are doing! I've got a 2021 RCSB 5.0 on order that I am going to do a full build. Would love to catch up with you offline to pick your brain about the suspension and the differential along with any other lessons learnt from your build.

I am a few months out from having the truck, but I am already ordering parts.

Thank you,
Mike

Good luck with the build, feel free to PM me!

Went out cruising last night and passed by the local truck scales so I stopped for a quick weigh in. This is with me in it (250lb) and 1/4 tank of fuel. 4774lb. I can probably knock that down another 200lb for track duty with lighter wheels/tires and removing the sub box, hitch/bumper and tail gate.

20210423_234145.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
So even with everything you added and being 4wd it’s about 100lbs lighter (not sure how much fuel they’re talking if a lightning is 4670 curb weight)

olympic

Established Member
So even with everything you added and being 4wd it’s about 100lbs lighter (not sure how much fuel they’re talking if a lightning is 4670 curb weight)

The 18+ F150 with the aluminum body are way lighter than the older ones. I've also removed the spare tire and associated hardware, swapped in a aluminum driveshaft and a lithium battery which would more than offset the weight of the turbo kit.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
When do you get tuned? Interested to see how the fuel system does. Not many people run the on3 fueling kit. I need to upgrade mine this fall and up the boost.

olympic

Established Member
When do you get tuned? Interested to see how the fuel system does. Not many people run the on3 fueling kit. I need to upgrade mine this fall and up the boost.

I'm working with OZ Tuning right now getting it email tuned. On3's dual pump assembly simply puts 2 pumps in a stock assembly with a billet fitting to "Y" the 2 pumps together. They claim it will support 1100+ hp on e85 but I'm a little leary because of the tiny outlet. I should be fine since I'm at lower HP and on pump gas.

The return fuel system is pretty ingenious. They have a custom "T" fitting that goes between the factory feed line and the rails. The T connects to the regulator and then a -8 line back to the tank. So it's a "dead head" style system. I ended up installing billet rails, upgrading the feed line to -8 and plumbing the system with the rails in parallel and the regulator after the rails so I may as well have gone custom to begin with...lol.

olympic

Established Member
Trying out the Dragy! Have to figure out how to add the performance details into the video like I've seen others do.

Literally my first serious attempt at a boosted 4x4 launch and full 1/4 mile run. DA doesn't show on this run but it was showing something awful like 4300ft earlier. 9psi, 22' street tires, 91 octane + Boostane.

Screenshot_20210514-012721_dragy.jpg

Last edited:

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Very impressive baseline numbers. Gonna be pretty nasty on the street once she's dialed in

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
She rips!!!! I need to get more info from you at some point about modifying the differential. I'm still waiting to take delivery on my truck and the parts are accumulating in my office for it!

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Just know there’s no tuning available for the 21+ yet but they’re getting close. Whipple was testing a supercharger application for the 21s about a week or two ago. Shouldnt be long.

Bryce, can’t remember if you said you’re going to run e85 or not. What other pulleys are you planning to throw on?

Users who are viewing this thread