Built engine time.

fearthesnake

Established Member
I definitely agree with you. I had a moment of weakness lol, the new ones are nice in person. But i can't let mine go.

I had been looking at this 22 GT500 for 2 weeks and I kinda wanted it, so I thought I would test the waters on some of the GT500 Facebook pages and shit got outta hand fast lol. I had almost 20 people wanting to know everything about the car and when they could look at it or fly out to see it in less than 12 hours of listing it. Than I talked to the original owner Van Collier and he talked some good sense into me lol. Needless to say I deleted the for sale ad and I'm keeping it. The 22 GT500 was a grabber blue and CFTP and man it looked badass in person and only had 8 miles on it. But after thinking about it, selling mine isn't the right move, hopefully in a year or two I can pick up a nice used 21 or 22 to add to my garage. But the 14 is staying indefinitely

Lol I deleted it on Facebook, I wasn't planning on posting the car on SVTP or my Instagram account. Not to sound corny, but it was almost flattering how much attention the car got when I listed it. I had know idea how many people actually followed it and wanted it.
Glad to see you are keeping it now! The new GT500 are really a great looking and badass car for sure. If I could afford both would def have both.

I came really close to selling mine and saved the extra money for about a year to do so. Just couldn't pull the trigger in the end and glad I kept mine as well. Haven't thought about it since then either.

Know how you feel, mentioned I may sell it and had several people reach out both locally and all parts of the Country wanting it.

These 5.8 are still in popular demand and will be for a long time now.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Glad to see you are keeping it now! The new GT500 are really a great looking and badass car for sure. If I could afford both would def have both.

I came really close to selling mine and saved the extra money for about a year to do so. Just couldn't pull the trigger in the end and glad I kept mine as well. Haven't thought about it since then either.

Know how you feel, mentioned I may sell it and had several people reach out both locally and all parts of the Country wanting it.

Glad you’re keeping it as we discussed earlier.
Unless someone absolutely has to have the new car experience (specing/ordering/delivery etc) there will always be a ‘20-22 you can pick up later.
Carry on with that bad 5.8!
-J

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member

It was tempting for sure, but I have so much hard work into mine and its been a great car and I l love how it sounds at idle. I'm going to hold onto her for a long time to come, if not forever.
this was the GT500 I was thinking about.
52280246169_4efde61fbf_c.jpg

but mine is still the one.
52280008193_270bdddf41_c.jpg

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
I definitely agree with you. I had a moment of weakness lol, the new ones are nice in person. But i can't let mine go.

I had been looking at this 22 GT500 for 2 weeks and I kinda wanted it, so I thought I would test the waters on some of the GT500 Facebook pages and shit got outta hand fast lol. I had almost 20 people wanting to know everything about the car and when they could look at it or fly out to see it in less than 12 hours of listing it. Than I talked to the original owner Van Collier and he talked some good sense into me lol. Needless to say I deleted the for sale ad and I'm keeping it. The 22 GT500 was a grabber blue and CFTP and man it looked badass in person and only had 8 miles on it. But after thinking about it, selling mine isn't the right move, hopefully in a year or two I can pick up a nice used 21 or 22 to add to my garage. But the 14 is staying indefinitely

Lol I deleted it on Facebook, I wasn't planning on posting the car on SVTP or my Instagram account. Not to sound corny, but it was almost flattering how much attention the car got when I listed it. I had know idea how many people actually followed it and wanted it.
Thats great news @2011 gtcs !! Im glad your planning to keep 14 GT500. If you plan to add 2022-21 in the near future.....I believe that would be the right move IMO. They are nice cars! I just didnt think giving up what you have for one was good.....just my 2cents!

fearthesnake

Established Member
It was tempting for sure, but I have so much hard work into mine and its been a great car and I l love how it sounds at idle. I'm going to hold onto her for a long time to come, if not forever.
this was the GT500 I was thinking about.
52280246169_4efde61fbf_c.jpg

but mine is still the one.
52280008193_270bdddf41_c.jpg
Yes it is my friend! I've seen about every color combo of these 5.8 in person except yours. Just very rare and not many out there it seems.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I agree.The new one is called the ford performance gt500.The last real SHELBY from the factory is the 13-14 GT500.Also it has the REAL COBRA emblem on it.The new ford performance gt500 has a Muto emblem cobra on it!
I've seen post(s) refer to the 2020+ Cobra emblems as " edgy ", not the case ??

2020-shelby-gt500-fender-emble_511be0b3.jpg

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thats great news @2011 gtcs !! Im glad your planning to keep 14 GT500. If you plan to add 2022-21 in the near future.....I believe that would be the right move IMO. They are nice cars! I just didnt think giving up what you have for one was good.....just my 2cents!
That's the plan, I'd love to have both.
Yes it is my friend! I've seen about every color combo of these 5.8 in person except yours. Just very rare and not many out there it seems.
Me and @biminiLX are the only two that I know of on SVTP that have this color combo and ironically both our engines are built by JDM engineering.
Ive never been a grabber blue fan, but damn... it looks good on a carbon fiber GT500!!
I've always had a soft spot for GB, and the carbon package in person looks beyond amazing

fearthesnake

Established Member
That's the plan, I'd love to have both.

Me and @biminiLX are the only two that I know of on SVTP that have this color combo and ironically both our engines are built by JDM engineering.

I've always had a soft spot for GB, and the carbon package in person looks beyond amazing
I'd say you guys have the fastest color combinations for sure then based on that sample size!

On a side note, because I love these cars so much and the 2020s, I continue to monitor the cars being sold on Car Gurus,etc..

Within the last few weeks, prices are definitely dropping now. There are roughly ~40 or so used 2020+ GT500s BELOW $90K now. Back in June, it was less than 15. So I think the tide is turning and if anyone is buying soon, hold on as prices are dropping.

In fact, I've seen several low mileage (below 1,000 miles) ones below $89K now. The seasonal Fall drop is coming it seems.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I'd say you guys have the fastest color combinations for sure then based on that sample size!

On a side note, because I love these cars so much and the 2020s, I continue to monitor the cars being sold on Car Gurus,etc..

Within the last few weeks, prices are definitely dropping now. There are roughly ~40 or so used 2020+ GT500s BELOW $90K now. Back in June, it was less than 15. So I think the tide is turning and if anyone is buying soon, hold on as prices are dropping.

In fact, I've seen several low mileage (below 1,000 miles) ones below $89K now. The seasonal Fall drop is coming it seems.
I'd be happy to pick one up in a year or so for somewhere in the 80s. And since I'm keeping 14 I don't care if it's not a CFTP.

For now I need to focus on getting the Shelby1000 hood on mine.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes sir,and thats why i call the new ones the ford performance gt500!
They have a lot of great features and you honestly can't compare the two. IMO the 03/04 cobra and the 13/14 GT500s are more like brothers. The 2020+ GT500s are in a different universe.

Cobra Therapy

Established Member
They have a lot of great features and you honestly can't compare the two. IMO the 03/04 cobra and the 13/14 GT500s are more like brothers. The 2020+ GT500s are in a different universe.
They can be compared.Its all about what a person likes or does not like and what that car means to them.The 2020 to me looks like ricer shit with that black bumper.On the other hand,it is a TRACK KING!!It beats the Crapmaro zl1,1le on the track.As for ME,the 13-14 will always look better than the new one,and i prefer the 6 speed over the DCT which does everything for a person.If i won a new one,i would trade it in instantly for a 13-14 GT500 widebody supersnake.When you to cargurus they have 140 used gt500s on there with maybe two being not used.There are alot of people on different Mustang forums that have sold the new gt500 and gotten a GT350 R or went back to a 13-13 GT500.There are 60 13-14 GT500s on there as of now.

Users who are viewing this thread