Built Guys

BlownBolt

Doesn't Care
Established Member
How much did just the part cost for your built motor? If your doing the work your self. What should i be looking to spend if i just wanted a bullet proof motor? What all do i need?

white01

T76GTS Power
Established Member
Just buy a assembled short block from someone like.....JL, JDM, PSP, Modular Performance, etc. Then re-use your own heads. You will probably pay the same amount if you did it yourself or buy one done already.
Rich

ronnie

Will work for Truck Parts
Established Member
JLP's short blocks are very nice and bullet proof. I think he has them for about 3500 or something like that.

frdmstnggt

Mine: Audi, Yours: Innie
Established Member
Built my own at home. Spent about $1100 on a combo buy. Came with CP Forged Rods w/ ARP2000 blots, Manley Forged Aluminum Pistons w/ 16cc Dish. Floating Tool Steel wrist pins and wire locks. Also came with Plasma Moly file-to-fit rings. Put in Clevit 77 Bearings for Mains and Rods. ARP2000 Main Cap studs, and Head Studs. Canton Windage Tray, Canton 7qt pan. Rebuild wasn't too difficult. Make sure you have the right tools and time if you decide to take this route. BTW, also factor in that I am 22, in the military, married, and was my first Modular rebuild.

I'D WIN

Established Member
ChuteboxeL03 said:
Whats the difference between short block and long???

SHORT BLOCKS USUALLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING INCLUDED~
Lower Block, Crankshaft, Connecting Rods, Pistons, Rings, Main Bearings, Rod Bearings, Cam Bearings, Camshaft and Timing Set occasionally.

LONG BLOCK ENGINES USUALLY HAVE THE FOLLOWING INCLUDED~

Lower Block, Crankshaft, Connecting Rods, Pistons, Rings, Main Bearings, Rod Bearings, Cam Bearings, Camshaft and Timing Set, Lifters, Gaskets, Cylinder Heads, Valve Train, Oil pump and sump.

Users who are viewing this thread