Built Transmission Failure

deepblue13

Established Member
Well it finally happened. Broke my aluminum driveshaft first qualifying pass at TX2K, missed the last Texas Mile event I was going to attend.

Got the new DSS carbon fiber driveshaft in and went test last Sunday. First launch, on a good prep, not high enough RPM and slipped clutch a little too much resulting in bogged bouncy started.

Second pass, good RPM, more aggressive on the clutch and snap....sounded like I grenaded the driveshaft.

Loaded the car back up, got it on the lift, ended up snapping the output shaft on the transmission. Fully built Level VII trans, but found the weak link.

Trans will be pulled and sent back to builder for tear down and any corrective measures. Time has come to go with an automatic, a little sooner than I was wanting but was the end goal in the long run.
154cb9215b54e06594efdabc281e03dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilish64

Established Member
I broke my output shaft in the EXACT same spot. Sucks to hear .... this was also the straw that broke the camels back for my auto swap lol. Not a cheap fix for me.... but it was the right move. 6r80 gt500 is the coolest thing i have driven

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
What tires? Wheel hop/tire shake is a bitch. Running a manual is difficult in these heavy high powered cars unfortunately.
-J

devilish64

Established Member
What tires? Wheel hop/tire shake is a bitch. Running a manual is difficult in these heavy high powered cars unfortunately.
-J
I broke my output shaft frankly cause i got to agressive with the car on launch using the same tire you use. 325-45/18 hoosier dr2..... it hooked HARD lol

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I broke my output shaft frankly cause i got to agressive with the car on launch using the same tire you use. 325-45/18 hoosier dr2..... it hooked HARD lol
I bet man, that tire is serious. I now have bias plys on beadlock 15” Welds for the strip. The tall DR is for street and maybe some roll events this year.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread