Bump Steer Kit Options

shb5007

Established Member
I am about to order front and rear bump steer kits for my Cobra. However, I have noticed there are several options for front kits (Steeda, UPR, Maximum, Team Z, BBK, etc.). I have decided on the FTBR kit for the rear, but does anyone have thoughts / recommendations on the front?

Thanks!

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Maximum motorsports are one of the best suspension manufacturers. Great instructions and customer service, good choice on the ftbr rear Bruce is a great guy to deal with and products are top notch

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
No complaints from My QA1 front bumpsteer kit. I am also running the ftbr rear kit as well. Can't go wrong with any that you have listed

shb5007

Established Member
MM everything on my car - flawless.

Here you go (towards bottom of page):

http://www.terminator-cobra.com/chassis & steering.htm

I went with maximum Motorsports

Maximum motorsports are one of the best suspension manufacturers. Great instructions and customer service, good choice on the ftbr rear Bruce is a great guy to deal with and products are top notch

For those of you with the Maximum Motorsports parts, which version are you running?

bubblehead93

Established Member
MM here, tapered stud style, running steeda k-member and coil-over all around, just make sure you actually set bump steer, otherwise, don't bother, so many folks you run into with these kits, never have measured or set it...

r/
Andy

shb5007

Established Member
MM here, tapered stud style, running steeda k-member and coil-over all around, just make sure you actually set bump steer, otherwise, don't bother, so many folks you run into with these kits, never have measured or set it...

r/
Andy

Yes sir! I have been reading online about ways to do this. Two quick things.

1.) How hard is it to remove the front springs? I have never been a fan of doing this.

2.) The car should have an updated alignment BEFORE the bump steer is done, correct?

bubblehead93

Established Member
I would align it before then check and adjust toe after, the change should be small in most cases, then check bump steer again... like degreeing cams, it is about repeatability to give you confidence you have an accurate measurement... I use a homemade version of the smart string system and a wheel mounted caster/camber gages to set caster, camber, and toe, front and rear...

The front springs are a pain in the ass imho, much easier with coil-overs all the way round...

r/
Andy

94slowbra1

Established Member
I run mm tapered style bump steer kit, front and rear. Great set ups and when done properly, actually adjusting bump steer, they can make a very noticable difference. I stuck with MM due to the fact I run most all there parts

Users who are viewing this thread