Bung location...where to?

CEE1NG_RED

Established Member
I have a Bassani o/r x pipe (5 piece) and a Autometer digital a/f wideband. Now, where is a good place to weld/put the wideband bung onto the x pipe? Driver's side? Passenger side? Before the o/r piping or cats or after? Pics please if available? Thanks...

redfiresvtsnake

Established Member
General rule is to install it on the drivers side as close to the manifold as practical. The closer to the manifold you mount it the faster and more accurate your reading will be.

dustin

Supercharged
Established Member
I have a Bassani o/r x pipe (5 piece) and a Autometer digital a/f wideband. Now, where is a good place to weld/put the wideband bung onto the x pipe? Driver's side? Passenger side? Before the o/r piping or cats or after? Pics please if available? Thanks...

Right before the CATs. Make sure you buy an SS bung and have it welded in with a SS welder/rod. I had the same setup on my Cobra.

You have a PM by the way.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
and if i remember correctly, between 9 and 3 o'clock in relation to the circumference of the pipe with as close to 12 o'clock and humanly possible

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
and if i remember correctly, between 9 and 3 o'clock in relation to the circumference of the pipe with as close to 12 o'clock and humanly possible
Why does this matter? Does this somehow change the reading of the sensor similar to clocking a MAF meter? I would think as long as the sensor was close to the manifold everything should be OK. Hot pressurized exhaust gas is hot pressurized exhaust gas, right? :shrug:

Last edited:

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Why does this matter? Does this somehow change the reading of the sensor similar to clocking a MAF meter? I would think as long as the sensor was close to the manifold everything should be OK. Hot pressurized exhaust gas is hot pressurized exhaust gas, right? :shrug:

it has to do with moisture accumulating on the sensor... a by product of the car is gas(g) and water (l) among other things.

Users who are viewing this thread