bung placement on headers

RoadRash

Established Member
Just got my Kooks LTs and I need to have a bung welded for my wideband. The engine is out of the caR, so I'm not sure where to place the bung on the collector (position). Anyone have pics or advise for placement?

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
If you want it on the collector just make sure it's angled anywhere between 10 and 2 o'clock. Most widebands come with instructions for the best location which in turn gives best results.

Edit: I see you have a kooks catted x pipe. You can also put it just before the cat on the midpipe, thats how I did mine.

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
IMO, you should test fit the headers and then mark a position where the O2 sensor can sit between 2 and 10 o'clock and have no interference from the body or parts. You will want to place the sensor after the 4 tubes come together or you will only be monitoring one cyclinder. Seems to me that would place it on the midpipe.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
IMO, you should test fit the headers and then mark a position where the O2 sensor can sit between 2 and 10 o'clock and have no interference from the body or parts. You will want to place the sensor after the 4 tubes come together or you will only be monitoring one cyclinder. Seems to me that would place it on the midpipe.

Exactly. Thats what I did with my bassani midpipe. I'm glad the bassani mid comes in pieces, it was easy to line it up to the manifold make a mark and go from there!

JymBart

Established Member
Horsepower by Hermann

Did you have it tuned by Hermann? If so you might ask him where he would weld in a bung.
JymBart

RoadRash

Established Member
Thanks guys .. good points. Hermann will tune it when I get the motor back in the car ..

I wanted to get a head start and get this thing welded before I get the motor in the car. That is why I am asking about placement. I could put it on the midpipe as well.

I'll give Hermann a call and see what he thinks.

RoadRash

Established Member
So the best way to weld the SS bung to SS headers is TIG? correct? Where did you guys get those things welded? Would an exhaust shop have that kind of equipment?

Users who are viewing this thread