Busted Differential (pic)

Fast Willy

Established Member
Tide612 said:
TIME TO GET A SOLID AXLE

Get one and your ride quality goes to $hit. Its great if you just us the car for drag racing, but if its daily driven after a while your gonna wish you just beefed up your irs.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
SCMod46 said:
Get one and your ride quality goes to $hit. Its great if you just us the car for drag racing, but if its daily driven after a while your gonna wish you just beefed up your irs.

Solid axle is worse for everything except drag racing. If you are goingt to strictly drag the car, then I'd say do it but it will hurt handling in every other situation.

Laxpaint5

Established Member
I have had a leaky diff. repaired twice by ford but now I have mods its not gonna be covered will an Irs brace help me with this problem. I am scared cause I just order drag radials.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
Laxpaint5 said:
I have had a leaky diff. repaired twice by ford but now I have mods its not gonna be covered will an Irs brace help me with this problem. I am scared cause I just order drag radials.
Yes it will help. You can now wheel hop with confidence. A must mod IMO. :beer:

PoisonSnake

Banned
Drag Radials + IRS Brace = The bomb. You can mash the gas and have full traction and no need to worry about busting your rear end.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
SVT316x said:
Drag Radials + IRS Brace = The bomb. You can mash the gas and have full traction and no need to worry about busting your rear end.

yep....you have nothing to worry about as long as you don't consider halfshafts to be part of the rear end :-D

Last edited:

CharlieCobra03

Established Member
Hell, I'm still on the stock IRS and have been running DR's for 8K miles with no issues. Now that I've got the new MT radials I have zero hop. I do want the IRS Brace and Snubber though.

Users who are viewing this thread